Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 7:21 pm

As always. The tide has suddenly turned, and the negativity is rearing its ugly head again. Time for a break 'til the silliness wears out.

See ye 'round the bend.

Rollin'

rollin'

rollin' down the river...

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

XFilesGeek
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 7:26 pm

I like your posts.

Come back soon.

"If we fail to anticipate the unforeseen or expect the unexpected in a universe of infinite possibilities, we may find ourselves at the mercy of anyone or anything that cannot be programmed, categorized or easily referenced."

-XFG (no longer a moderator)

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

21 Jul 2011, 9:18 pm

I understand with needing breaks from here. I have taken two since I joined in November of 2008. Hope to see you back soon.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

21 Jul 2011, 9:36 pm

I will miss your long and very detailed posts. Hope you enjoy your break.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:03 pm

Thanks for the kind responses!

It's a personal decision. I doubt I'll be away very long. I've just been on a bit too much for the past few days, and as usual, when I spend that much time here consistently, I end up bumping into threads that put me in a negative mood. I've come to accept it as an inevitability. I don't think it can be helped considering the vast variety of issues we all deal with.

It's just that if I do happen to read or see something that invokes negative reactions from me, and it starts happening two to three times in a day, it's time to break away and get some other things done. Sometimes there are "signs" that a darker negative energy is infiltrating the forums. Sometimes it doesn't last, and sometimes it escalates into negative pandemonium. I've learned to just avoid it either way.

Even if it is a false alarm, it's not worth the risk that it isn't. Better to just back away for a little while. If I don't, I have found that I end up feeding the beast, and it turns into a vicious cycle with no productive outcome. At worst, it creates a destructive spirit in me. At best, it's a huge waste of my time.

Besides, I do have other things I ought to be doing.

Until next time then! :)

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

YellowBanana
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:07 pm

See ya Mr Xxx - I'll miss you.
I really like a lot of your posts.

Was a little sad that the one about our moods and how others see us was not a more popular thread. Maybe I'll go bump it up later.

Was thinking I needs a break myself but will get one after next week due to my 3 week vacation (can't wait!) so might as well hang around until then.

Come back soon!