Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

nerdymama
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2011, 9:48 pm

In school I had a hard time finishing anything on time. I just went through all of my old progress reports and found comments about this since grade 3. I have problems with this at work. Im consistantly slow. It doesn't matter if its a test, an assignment, or something I have to do everyday.
I dont really know how to fix this? Does anyone else have the same problem?
I dont know why Im so slow... any theories?

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2011, 10:02 pm

I had accommodations in school. I couldn`t be timed too much pressure and I`d have a meltdown.

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 12:45 am

I constantly had the comment.
"Not following directions."
Once this teacher told me to "do it again" after I accidentally dropped my pencil box on the floor, and I actually did. I got detention. 8O

And when I was a first grader I was totally in my own world, so even though I good grades on tests I never get anything done.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:02 am

When I was in school, I had two things I needed if I was to do well in a course. First I needed to be interested in the subject. If I wasn't interested I would often fail simply because I didn't care about whether I passed or failed. Second and more important was I had to respect and ideally like the instructor. If I didn't respect a teacher, either because they'd proven to me they didn't know what they were talking about, or they didn't respect me I shut down. These attitudes definitely cost me later in life, but back then I really didn't care if I passed or failed.

Myers-Briggs: INTJ
AQ: 44