Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

22 Jul 2011, 12:22 am

I just want to know, does anyone else randomly start laughing/smiling like a maniac for no good reason? Like, when I was driving home from school one day, I just randomly started smiling, and then (with my windows rolled down) I started laughing maniacally, this actually happens to me each night around 12 or so too. Am I insane or does anyone else turn into a temporary maniac at random?

jamieevren1210
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 12:39 am

I have a reason for laughing, but usually when people ask me and I explain, they don't get my point. And I am prone to spontaneous laughter sometimes. But usually...they do have a reason.

johnsmcjohn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

I can from time to time but what seems to happen more often is I'll find something funny and laugh uncontrollably(like until I can't breathe) for several minutes. It always seems to be stuff that everyone else in the group either doesn't find funny at all, or at best chuckles a bit at. I've been that way since before I can remember.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 1:48 am

I don't laugh hysterically for no reason, but I do sometimes smile and chuckle uncontrollably.

PaleBlueDotty
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Jul 2011, 5:05 am

SammichEater wrote:
I don't laugh hysterically for no reason, but I do sometimes smile and chuckle uncontrollably.

When I used to take the train to the office I often used the time to read a book or newspaper. If I came across something hilarious I found and still find it really hard to control the giggles that start rippling through me. It depends on the mood of the people around you, either they join in ( funny, because they don't know what I am laughing about, they just find me funny, :lol: ) or they stare at me as if I lost my marbles and not control over my diaphragm muscles.

There was one incident when I was in my mid twens out for lunch with my colleague in the summer. We took our lunch to the park and sat down with some "Garfield" and "Peanuts" cartoons. I'm not lying when I say that by the end of the break we had fallen of the bench laughing. People could not stop laughing at us. We were not playing up just reading the cartoons and cracking up all the time. This was the only time in my life when I laughed hysterically and could not stop, My muscles ached for days, but it was most exhilarating - we avoided the park for a while though.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

22 Jul 2011, 5:11 am

sounds like you may have trouble with emotional regulation. Do you ever over react to things as well??

Phonic
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 5:37 am

I like manically for no reason aswell, feels good man.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2011, 6:10 pm

I do that sometimes as well. I`ll laugh for no reason or for something that happened a long time ago. Then I laugh harder because I`m laughing LOL!

Whosinabunker
Toucan
Toucan

23 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

BillyIdolFan217 wrote:
I do that sometimes as well. I`ll laugh for no reason or for something that happened a long time ago. Then I laugh harder because I`m laughing LOL!

Indeed!

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 12:51 am

Whosinabunker wrote:
I just want to know, does anyone else randomly start laughing/smiling like a maniac for no good reason? Like, when I was driving home from school one day, I just randomly started smiling, and then (with my windows rolled down) I started laughing maniacally, this actually happens to me each night around 12 or so too. Am I insane or does anyone else turn into a temporary maniac at random?

yeah I have done that before at random times, usually it because I am thinking of something funny or laughing at something that is not so funny from my life.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 1:10 am

I dunno; I've occasionally just felt very happy for no real reason. Those "the sky is blue, the wind is just right, and I feel full of energy and like I want to run all the way home instead of walking like a grown-up" moments. Usually I flap my hands too :)

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Oxybeles
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

23 Jul 2011, 2:47 am

I laugh at things that I thought were funny hours, days, or even weeks ago, randomly. It makes my wife wonder at my sanity.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 3:11 am

Whosinabunker wrote:

I do that sometimes. Also, I find that at night I laugh a ton more than usual, I don't know why. Maybe I'm a lunatic (the original definition of the word, someone who becomes insane by cause of the moon). :lol:

ScientistOfSound
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:05 am

Whosinabunker wrote:

Regularly. I feel like that all the time anyway... I've learned to control it but sometimes I just feel like laughing like a maniac! :D Its fun to do when I can. No, you're not insane. Insane is only a problem if its effecting your life or causing harm to other people. If you're hurting nobody, its just unsanity and unsanity is healthy.

Graelwyn
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:13 am

Yes, though it happens more often after a bit of wine.
I will get a comical or outragous image just appear in my mind, and that's it, I'm off in fits of giggles.
The aspie man I am with does the same thing, he will be sitting there one minute, then suddenly out of nowhere start laughing to himself.
I must admit, it is a bit perturbing when you see someone else doing it, with no apparent cause, lol.

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:51 am

This has happened to me a lot in the past but not anymore.