Moving soon, very tumultuous time in my life

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

HocusTokus
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

22 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

Don't think I've been here much - diagnosed with Asperger's almost a year ago.

I just graduated college, and lived in a house with what became very close friends over the two years I lived there, and now it's ending. I can't even be there to say goodbye to the house I love so much now and the few friends I've gained over the last few years, since I work all the time in a developer house trying to found a software company (ala The Social Network). I'm rarely allowed, if ever, to do anything more than what's needed to keep myself healthy and able to work, and the burnout from that alone is terrible. To top it off, the friends I wanted to say goodbye to now have a bit of drama going on over the moving situation, and I got swept up in it. Worse, when I'm finally done with this project, I don't have anywhere to stay in town, since the company is moving to another state afterwards.

Any words of encouragement for going through all this change and stress when I usually take the most comfort in how stable everything is would be very welcome...

Papa_Smurf
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

22 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

Just know that you're hardly the only person going through this kind of thing. I'm moving over 1000 miles away from the state I've basically grown up in order to attend law school, and I have a billion associated worries: how will I handle being on my own financially for the first time? Will people respect me/take me seriously? (I'm fresh out of undergrad, and I look even younger :lol: ) Will I make a sufficient number of new friends? Will I have the time to stay in touch with my current friends? etc etc.

I guess the only advice is that I figure if I survived long enough to make it to this point, I'll be alright. Thus, the odds are in your favor as well. Good luck!!

"The superior man is the providence of the inferior. He is eyes for the blind, strength for the weak, and a shield for the defenseless. He stands erect by bending above the fallen. He rises by lifting others."

- Robert G. Ingersoll