Page 2 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 3:54 pm

I LOATHE travel buses. Absolutely hate them. I've taken enough in my life.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

The last flight I took was pretty damn scary. I hesitate to take another and I usually fly at least once every two years. I took a four hour bus trip that had so many stops, I can't imagine trying to go cross country and stopping every half hour (I'm probably exaggerating but that's what it felt like).

I do enjoy car trips and hope to do more in the future.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:32 pm

Why was your flight scary? I love flying. :)

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

Traveling on a boat or a ferry is the worse way for me to travel. I can feel the boat sway from side to side.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 5:12 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Why was your flight scary? I love flying. :)

I usually don't mind it but we had strange weather conditions and experienced sudden drops in altitude and constant jerking right up until the wheels touched down. Everyone was quiet as we approached and when the wheel squealed and the plane jerked again as we touched. I expected us to actually have an accident. We all had our hands on the seat in front of us bracing ourselves as the plane was breaking. When it was clear we were safe and taxiing down the runway, people that were hyperventilating were using the paper bags. My daughter was nauseous and I instructed her breathing and told her that we were now safe.

I was in a plane that slide as it landed at a small airport and they even put a pile of snow to break us if the plane couldn't stop on its own. Emergency vehicles were at the ready and it was blizzard conditions but even that didn't even compare to this recent experience.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

23 Jul 2011, 7:01 pm

definatly by bus!! Do you have any idea how many times I have been proposed to marry by total strangers on greyhound 8O.
The funnest time I ever had on greyhound was when a transexual in full out drag was teaching me great make-up tips. It was like the forest gump scene on the bus no one would let "her" sit next to them...so I was Jenny and said..you can sit by me. It was a fun ride with her. Most of the time I have some dude falling asleep on my shoulder, drooling while being totally unconfortable.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jul 2011, 9:05 pm

I guess I don't panic in deathly situations much. I would be kind of freaked if it was at a very high altitude. I've ridden too many planes to worry. :P Probably bad cause that means my personal probability of getting in an accident is higher, right?

The last bus I rode I was horrifically nauseous the whole time. And I sat next to this little girl who wanted to talk constantly.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

23 Jul 2011, 9:11 pm

The last time I rode the bus about a 400 pound ex meth addict sat next to me. everytime he "twitched" his gigantic freaking belly hit my arm and it was discusting

They only checked my carry on bags in Las vegas, and the only metal detectors I saw were in oakland.

(although I'm shure the bigger citys have them disquised.)

Grete
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 3:47 am

Traveling by car or by bus gets uncomfortable for me after some time. And reading in them makes me feel sick. Therefore I prefer trains for longer distances.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 5:37 am

I`d say on the road! I HATE cars and I`m not fond of buses either! I`d rather fly!

WillMcC
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:57 am

I agree on Greyhound being one of the worst ways to travel. I had to travel on it several times and the drivers were rude and yelled at people and the buses were late (by several hours, resulting in long waits at the terminal and no explanation or even an apology). They are worse than any airline could be. Greyhound is what motivated me to get my drivers license.

Flying - Aside from the TSA checkpoint, I have no problems with flying and enjoy the bustle of big airports, watching planes take off and land, looking out the window, etc. I have had a few extended delays (one at LAX, another at ATL, both on the same day), but have never had to spend the night at a terminal
Boats - I used to be afraid of small boats, but thought that the bigger RO-RO ferries we travelled on sometimes were the greatest thing ever.
Trains - My biggest memory of visiting Paris in 1999 was taking the train from London to get there. America needs more of these things
Car - Road trips provide a way to see the country and if you're travelling with friends/family it provides a lot of "together" time. Driving can be taxing though. I once did a road trip with someone and we drove all the way from Florida to Pennsylvania and back last year. I had had my license for less than a year at the time and I was exhausted when I got back home.

For me, when going away, getting there can be half the fun, as long as I don't go Greyhound.

richardbenson
Xfractor Card #351
Xfractor Card #351

24 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

you are right. the bus drivers are unprofessional, and rude. when I moved out to california (on the bus.) The driver was picking a fight with this ladys boyfriend because she had a disability dog with her and wanted the dog with her on the bus. It was ghetto as hell, like i thought they were going to get in a fist fight. The bus driver, :lol:

Also I got into a arguemnt with one because they didnt give me my reboarding pass and was giving me a hard time getting back on. I was all "Look dude, I'm tired, I stink, and i just want to get where i'm going." finally they let me on because i showed them my itinerary. (such a fancy name for bus reciept. haha) ahem. yeah right ok, call it something else

I have to use the bus in like 4 days. :(

I really need to get my drivers licence