Page 1 of 9 [ 132 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next

PinkRangerV
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2011, 4:19 pm

I was reading another thread and thought, wow, a bunch of people have psychic dreams here! So I wondered--has anyone else had psychic experiences?

My own are pretty cool. The Scots call it An Dara Shealladh. It means that I fall into a trance (or it happens when I'm asleep), and I catch a glimpse of something random that happens years from when I'm out of it. Like, say, a building in a city, an interesting sunset, stuff like that. I don't usually understand it, unfortunately.

It's not a symptom of schizophrenia or bipolar--the symptoms of mental illness are to create a story with yourself as the star against mysterious evil forces, and quite frankly there aren't any mysterious evil forces in my life. (Although no comments on the unmysterious idiots.) It's just really random and really fun.

Does anyone else have their own psychic experiences? Do you like it? What do you do about it?

Sparhawke
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

Yes, but I do not know how exactly to explain it...I do not see dead people, but I pick up on things that others cannot, even so called normals.

It is like, geographical profiling, if I see a map and a body is buried...I "know" where it is, even if all I am doing is being analytical...and thinking exactly like a bad man, if that is not psychic I do not know what is.

One thing that did happen to me a while ago is I was practising, and picked out a thought from someone thousands of miles away, and got it exactly right, I "saw" a blue cloth with a glowing head on it, that day they had gone out and bought a new throwrug, (which happened to have a design of a wolves head) hadn't even told anyone about it.

Last edited by Sparhawke on 24 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:28 pm

I have psychic experience but more along the lines of mind reading or morphic resonance. It has spooked other people.

memesplice
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 4:51 pm

I once had the most frightening hyper-real dream there was going to be a nuclear war. I remember it in vivid detail even today. I was so shocked by it I really believed it was going to happen . I don't get dreams as vivid as this. You'll think this is stupid but I sort of panicked and got out of the city for a while. I didn't dare tell anyone else.

I'm not sure what it was, but twenty five years later I know it's not going to happen. There are buildings in the skyline now in the city I dreamed got bombed and they weren't in the dream.

Powerful, utter persausive , force of what people describe as a premonition, but not one.

Also

When ( years later) someone handed me the video of Terminator 2 I just couldn't believe it, so I guess other people must have dreamt this in order to visualise it, if only in imaginaitive day dreams.

I'm skeptical about the meaning we give to our dreams. Good ones and bad ones.

Meme

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 5:48 pm

OOOOHH!! Yeah, I'm psychic. You're thinking about sex. See, I told you I was psychic.

oceandrop
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2011, 6:00 pm

Yes I have predicted certain things with exact detail on several occasions that I have been unable to explain. I'm mostly inclined to say the AS mind is highly logical and so we subconsciously predict future occurrences based on logical rules we have developed based on past experiences.

Honestly though -- and I know this isn't scientific, at least not yet -- I think there may be some spiritual basis to this.

YourMother
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:10 pm

The only things near to this that have ever happened to me was that once I had a dream of the place by a canal, and a week later I went to a canal (it wasn't my idea and I didn't even remember the dream) and then at the end of the walk along it there was the place that I had seem in my drea EXACTLY. Another time I was about to go on holiday and I had a dream of a road and a park with houses along it, when I was going from one place to another on the holiday I passed along the road that I had seen in my dream, again, EXACTLY as it had been in my dream. DON'T THINK I BELIEVE IN ANY OF THIS PSYCHIC s**t THOUGH.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:15 pm

You mean like in the form of déjà vu?

Usually when I try to imagine the future, it looks nothing like what I thought it would.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:33 pm

oceandrop wrote:
Yes I have predicted certain things with exact detail on several occasions that I have been unable to explain. I'm mostly inclined to say the AS mind is highly logical and so we subconsciously predict future occurrences based on logical rules we have developed based on past experiences.

Honestly though -- and I know this isn't scientific, at least not yet -- I think there may be some spiritual basis to this.

What about telepathy? Have you ever had any telepathic experiences?

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:50 pm

There is no valid material evidence to support any claim of psychic experience - it's all subjective, anecdotal, and largely open to interpretation.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 6:58 pm

Fnord wrote:
There is no valid material evidence to support any claim of psychic experience - it's all subjective, anecdotal, and largely open to interpretation.

Read my link about morphic fields and resonance. Also, there's advanced wave solutions.

AlanTuring
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

24 Jul 2011, 7:00 pm

I am not psychic and I don't think that anyone else is, either.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:02 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Fnord wrote:

Read my link about morphic fields and resonance. Also, there's advanced wave solutions.

That is not evidence. It is not even theory or hypothesis. It is no more than untestable speculation.

What's in the box?

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
What's in the box?

I don't know, but I'm not looking in there.

Did you see what it did to Brad Pitt?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:05 pm

Fnord wrote:
ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
Fnord wrote:

That is not evidence. It is not even theory or hypothesis. It is no more than untestable speculation.

What's in the box?

Then how do you explain fish schooling or birds flying in patterns while in unison? Don't you wonder how they know where to fly? How do they synchronize it? Could there be a morphic field that tells their brain where they should fly? Could they be responding to morphic resonance during such intricate flights?

Last edited by ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo on 24 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:06 pm

Jory wrote:
Fnord wrote:
What's in the box?

I don't know, but I'm not looking in there. Did you see what it did to Brad Pitt?

Well ... he did end up with Angelina ...

:wink:

All you (alleged) psychics: What's in the box?

Last edited by Fnord on 24 Jul 2011, 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.