Page 1 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 7:24 pm

Showing your skin when whering a swimsuit. I don't. I was wondering if others felt like this.

KaylaSong
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jul 2011, 7:42 pm

I'm male, but I don't either.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 8:04 pm

KaylaSong wrote:
I'm male, but I don't either.

Seconded.

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 Jul 2011, 8:46 pm

Depends where I am. Generally when swimming I am somewhere I trust (a friends), in my condo when no one is around, or in public indoor pools (where kids and moms are). If I were at a beach, being ogled etc, I would be more bothered.

I prefer less (bikini) because I have a long abdomen and most one pieces hurt and are irritating to wear.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 9:09 pm

I don`t mind that much. Especially since I lost at least 70 lbs. I`m thin now.

Guilted_Lady
Raven
Raven

24 Jul 2011, 9:32 pm

I don't swim. I hate how the swimsuits cling to my body so I don't even though I love swimming.

?Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.?

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

24 Jul 2011, 9:59 pm

I don't like showing skin. I don't like being checked out at the beach. If I had my way, I would wear the kind of bathing suits they wore in the early 19th century:

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 10:53 pm

Why are there boys posting in the girls forum? 8O :lol:

Anyways, I hate showing the skin on the upper part of my legs because they are so white. But I like my arms. The shoulders depends on the day. I wear one piece's so I don't show my stomach.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:00 pm

hartzofspace wrote:
I don't like showing skin. I don't like being checked out at the beach. If I had my way, I would wear the kind of bathing suits they wore in the early 19th century:

I hate the beach!

YoshiPikachu
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jul 2011, 11:25 pm

hartzofspace wrote:

Nice one! :D

haruka
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

25 Jul 2011, 7:47 am

I like the boy shorts. That's another thing I like about bikinis, you can wear less revealing bottoms.

So I guess it depends what you don't want to reveal. :) Personally, I'd rather have my butt covered. I'm not so bothered by my stomach.

I like the old school bathing suit idea, but no dresses for me!

joeyfarlz
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Jul 2011, 9:47 am

I wear a one-piece because it's modest... but I too have issues with revealing the tops of my legs... so mine has like 10 cm of extra material around the hips as like some sort of skirt thing.

kittie
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 10:20 am

I don't like wearing swimsuits full stop, showing skin or not. :P

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 1:29 pm

I don't mind wearing swimsuits at the pool or beach. There's people who look far worse than I wearing things nobody should wear ever, so what do I care? I'm properly dressed for the place. A swimsuit is the uniform, so hey, I'm fine with it. I was actually mortified when years ago, my mother insisted on going to the beach wearing black sweatpants and sweatshirt. She swam that way. I wanted to take her to the store to buy a swimsuit (and there's ones with skirts so it's not like she was faced with wearing horrible things) but she'd have none of it. I know body issues can manifest themselves in ridiculous ways but seeing a 65 year-old woman swimming in the surf in a pair of black winter Hanes was too much for me.

What makes me personally uncomfortable is showing what I believe to be too much skin wearing regular clothes. That can make me very uncomfortable and I'm often fussing to make sure the fabric is always where it's supposed to be. The discomfort level has changed with age. As my age goes up, my skirt hem goes down. I'm more prudish about my cleavage as well.

curlyfry
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 5:26 pm

I don't like one piece bathing suits because the pressure on my stomach makes me nauseous. I wear a halter bikini and board shorts. What's funny is when I was young a bunch of us girls would wear t-shirts over our bikinis. I use to think I was fat then. Later a BF said he liked my body cause it was curvy and wanted to see me in a bikini. I wish I had that body now I would never cover it up (at the beach that is).

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 4:20 pm

Like some other women here, I don't like showing the tops of my legs, either. I think those swimsuits with skirts attached look like something my matronly, 91-year-old grandmother would wear (no offense to women who like them). I usually wear a bikini -- not too revealing, though, no string bikinis or thong bottoms) with a pair of board shorts (boy shorts make my legs look even shorter, not a good thing) or a lightweight, casual miniskirt. (One of my bikinis even came with a matching miniskirt.) I think it looks cute and casual, my husband thinks it looks good, and it covers the part of my body I consider the least attractive without making me look like an old lady. I suppose there has to be an upper age limit past which one should not wear a bikini, but I don't think I've reached it yet, and I'm still fit enough to get away with it!