I saw the most amazing thing a couple days ago

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Jul 2011, 11:21 pm

A couple of days ago i was going to a usualdoctors appointment with my psychiatrist. While i was sitting in the waiting room a 19 yr old boy walked in and sat down, he was attended by a nurses aid of some sort, it was one of those people who attend autistic people when they go to appointments, as soon as he sat down she moved across the room, and when he went to sit downn next to her she said "oh No, you sit over there, your fine there" because she wanted nothing to do with him, i felt so bad for the poor kid but never said anything. then a severely autistic 16 yr old boy came in unattended by his mother, and he was having a typical autistic fit, yelling loudly random things, making noises, stomping etc, and the woman at the desk was giving him horrible nasty looks and acting like A total Bi#@ch like the 19 yr olds aid. then, then the severely autistic boy burst into laughter, and when the 19 yr old boy asked why he was laughing, a young child spoke up and said in disgust, "hes autistic" . and then, An amazing thing happened, the 19 yr old boy stood up and looked us all in the eye, and said, "there is nothing wrong with Autism, im Adhd, ocd, and i have an anxiety disorder, i am who i am and i have nothing to be ashamed of". before that boy left he shook hands with everyone in the room, and said nice meeting all of you have a wondeful day. i admired him greatly, and i only hope that in a situation like that ill have a strong spirit like his to do the same

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 12:18 am

That kid's got backbone....

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 12:32 am

I have a hard time believing that actually happened. But if it did, wow, that's amazing.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 12:36 am

That must have stunned the crap out of everyone.

cyberscan
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 2:30 am

And they say NT's have more empathy than us?

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

SammichEater wrote:
I have a hard time believing that actually happened. But if it did, wow, that's amazing.

It happened :D , , and i was inspired greatly by his courage

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2011, 6:03 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
That must have stunned the crap out of everyone.

It did :D including me

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2011, 6:04 pm

cyberscan wrote:
And they say NT's have more empathy than us?

I know right :)

Guilted_Lady
Raven
Raven

25 Jul 2011, 6:26 pm

How disgusting that a adult, never mind a AID FOR AUTISTIC PEOPLE would act that way towards that boy. I literally clapped my hands irl for the 19 year old, I know I wouldn't be able to do something like that, I'd be too scared. Did he walk out afterwards, or did he sit back down?

?Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.?

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

25 Jul 2011, 10:48 pm

That was an amazing story!! !

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Jul 2011, 11:08 pm

Guilted_Lady wrote:
How disgusting that a adult, never mind a AID FOR AUTISTIC PEOPLE would act that way towards that boy. I literally clapped my hands irl for the 19 year old, I know I wouldn't be able to do something like that, I'd be too scared. Did he walk out afterwards, or did he sit back down?

I feel the same way you do, what shocked me the most is that afterwards he simply sat down in his chair as if nothing happened, he was not angry and stormed out, he handled it so gracefully, i know i could never do such a thing and i feel ashamed i never said anything to him, like, "hey im an aspie and god bless you for your words", or anything like that.

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2011, 12:01 am

I wish I had the Balls to do something like that!

That really is inspirational, and is definitely the kind of spirit we should all keep every day. "This is who I am, and I'm proud to be me" "If you don't like it, get your butt outta' my face"

Cause that's how we Roll 8)

My Tweets sometimes get out of hand... Disregard any offensive ones... It's all in good fun/ludicrousness ;)

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 11:31 pm

you changed your profile pic, brad.