Page 2 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:53 am

Well, you have just done the typical "Aspie" thing and defended yourself and then complained about NTs. LOL!

Get a punching bag in your room. Go there and take it out on the bag. Or go hurt yourself if you must to learn how stupid that is. You do NOT have to verbalize everything to bring yourself down. You can go to an "alone" place when you are angry/melting down. It is a matter of how much you care about this problem.

I know what meltdowns are and how they come about. I "get" that they suck and are hard to deal with. We can deal with them though if the consequences are severe enough. At least most can. It starts with baby steps and the very easiest baby step is to remove yourself from people when things go bad.

The food thing is also very important. Most of my Little's meltdowns occurr when he is low in blood sugar. He must eat every few hours to keep the blood sugar moving. You may keep track of this for yourself. After a meltdown happens check in to see if it has been awhile since your last food.

With respect to the NTs... Yeah, well. You cannot do anything about the way they behave and if you have people behaving badly around you, it is a bummer. BUT that is no excuse and has nothing to do with how YOU behave or the person YOU become/are. I mean sit back and objectively watch the next one when they are having a bad day. See how stupid/irrational they act. Why on earth would you want to be allowed to do that?