Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1798 of 1998 [ 31959 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1795, 1796, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1800, 1801 ... 1998  Next

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2022, 11:25 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
My preventative inhaler is apparently $200 after f*****g insurance. I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm going to do if transferring it to a CVS doesn't do anything (I guess my works insurance for prescriptions tries to hold people f*****g hostage to CVS for whatever reason). I haven't been able to get refills for my emergency inhaler either so I'm kind of freaking out. I haven't gone w/o asthma medication for my whole life so I don't know how bad my asthma is going to be w/o it, if it's already kind of bad even w/ it. This is the most f****d up time for this to happen too since my asthma has been getting worse lately.

Sweet Pea hugs

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 8:27 am

I missed out on a chance to meet George Takei. So months ago I heard that the university is hosting a lecture by George Takei and I sign up for it. They said available space was limited. I had to fill out a long form with questions like "what is your relationship to the university". "Are you a student". I answered no and I thought they would probably ignore me or maybe they were already booked out.

Months pass by and I forget about it. Until I get an email confirming my spot in the lecture theatre. They said his new book would be available and he would be signing his new book and only his new book. At first I didn't even want to buy it. Probably wouldn't even like it. But it would be nice to get that close to George Takei. Maybe I should buy it even if I don't like it.

So I get there and people were coming back from this long line in the hallway going around the auditorium. Had they already had the signing before the lecture? Maybe I had already missed out. I didn't see anyone selling books in the lobby.

So I sit down about 20 metres from the stage and after a couple of introductions a small white haired old man walks up to the lectern and starts speaking. It was George Takei. I was excited to see him with my own eyes instead of on television.

It was a little hard to see him from 20 metres away. They had these big TV screens on the side. I tried not to look at them too much because I'd already seen him on TV plenty of times.

So he talks about his new book and it actually sounded pretty good. I should have come earlier so I could get a copy. Then the director of so-and-so who had given one of the introductions says that his new book is available here and he will be signing it.

Great! So I wasn't too late. I go out into the lobby so I can find the stall selling the book and the line for the signing. I see a couple of women saying they "hope they line isn't too long". They must be headed for the same line as me. I followed them until I saw them head into the ladies’ toilets. So that was the line they were talking about.

I wait around in the lobby for a while and after a few minutes there was indeed a line to get into the ladies’ toilets. I went back into the auditorium.

There was a queue. Many of the people in the queue were already holding the book. So I have to buy the book before I join the queue. But where to buy the book? After a long time I saw this table with a pyramid of new books on it. It was surrounded by people. But was the queue going to the table or to George Takei? They were some distance apart? If the queue went to the table first I could buy the book en-route. If the queue went straight to George Takei I would arrive empty handed and it would be quite embarrassing.

If the queue didn't go to the table then I could approach the table and buy the book. If the queue did go past the table then I would be accused of cutting in line.

It was quite a dilemma. There is nothing I fear more than breaking social protocol. Spiders don't scare me nearly as much as the prospect of social embarrassment. It's seriously debilitating. After walking up and down the aisle a few times like a lost child I started to feel silly and exposed so I just went home empty handed.

He is getting on in years and I don't suppose he'll ever come to Adelaide again.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 8:47 am

RetroGamer87 wrote:
I missed out on a chance to meet George Takei. So months ago I heard that the university is hosting a lecture by George Takei and I sign up for it. They said available space was limited. I had to fill out a long form with questions like "what is your relationship to the university". "Are you a student". I answered no and I thought they would probably ignore me or maybe they were already booked out.

Months pass by and I forget about it. Until I get an email confirming my spot in the lecture theatre. They said his new book would be available and he would be signing his new book and only his new book. At first I didn't even want to buy it. Probably wouldn't even like it. But it would be nice to get that close to George Takei. Maybe I should buy it even if I don't like it.

So I get there and people were coming back from this long line in the hallway going around the auditorium. Had they already had the signing before the lecture? Maybe I had already missed out. I didn't see anyone selling books in the lobby.

So I sit down about 20 metres from the stage and after a couple of introductions a small white haired old man walks up to the lectern and starts speaking. It was George Takei. I was excited to see him with my own eyes instead of on television.

It was a little hard to see him from 20 metres away. They had these big TV screens on the side. I tried not to look at them too much because I'd already seen him on TV plenty of times.

So he talks about his new book and it actually sounded pretty good. I should have come earlier so I could get a copy. Then the director of so-and-so who had given one of the introductions says that his new book is available here and he will be signing it.

Great! So I wasn't too late. I go out into the lobby so I can find the stall selling the book and the line for the signing. I see a couple of women saying they "hope they line isn't too long". They must be headed for the same line as me. I followed them until I saw them head into the ladies’ toilets. So that was the line they were talking about.

I wait around in the lobby for a while and after a few minutes there was indeed a line to get into the ladies’ toilets. I went back into the auditorium.

There was a queue. Many of the people in the queue were already holding the book. So I have to buy the book before I join the queue. But where to buy the book? After a long time I saw this table with a pyramid of new books on it. It was surrounded by people. But was the queue going to the table or to George Takei? They were some distance apart? If the queue went to the table first I could buy the book en-route. If the queue went straight to George Takei I would arrive empty handed and it would be quite embarrassing.

If the queue didn't go to the table then I could approach the table and buy the book. If the queue did go past the table then I would be accused of cutting in line.

It was quite a dilemma. There is nothing I fear more than breaking social protocol. Spiders don't scare me nearly as much as the prospect of social embarrassment. It's seriously debilitating. After walking up and down the aisle a few times like a lost child I started to feel silly and exposed so I just went home empty handed.

He is getting on in years and I don't suppose he'll ever come to Adelaide again.

Sweet Pea hugs

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 8:52 am

Thanks

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 9:10 am

Anxiety

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 9:24 am

The bus came 8 minutes late, which made me miss my usual train, which in turn destroyed my whole afternoon and evening. I was so angry that I didn't feel like doing anything for the rest of the day, which I fear may affect my study. Unpunctual people really need to be punished.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 11:11 am

Anxiety about going to campus.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 2:29 pm

The Indian Summer that we're having. I can literally see the sea-levels rising with the unusual temperatures for this time of the year.

RetroGamer87
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 5:13 pm

It's so cold. It's meant to be spring now but winter is just going for an extra month or two.

This could be the year without a spring. Spring and autumn are my favourite times of year because of the mild weather but this year I fear we'll transition directly from a frigid winter to a boiling summer.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2022, 9:19 pm

Even after the energy drink that I consumed, I still needed a two hour nap. Now I'm rearing to get my housework done and it's 7:18 in the evening.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

28 Sep 2022, 8:31 am

Anxiety

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 8:49 am

Anxiety

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 8:59 am

I have a headache and my appetite took another nosedive.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 8:58 pm

Rising food prices, lack of sleep, weather, tiredness, possible PMS. I didn't even want any take out food from the mall food court my mother offered to buy for me. About the only places that are open right now after the hurricane sell burgers and I'm sick of them. The only really good fast-food burgers are A&W, but I'm sick of them, too. Or maybe it's something else, I don't know. Subway was open too but I really don't care much for it. And the line up to Tim Horton's was insanely long. A lot of people must be really in caffeine withdrawal because they still don't have power to make their own coffee.

And while I was in one of the stores I yawned, and some woman who just happened to walk by said loudly and shrilly "YOU SOUND HOW I FEEL HAHAHAHAHA!!" :roll:

No, she could not possibly be feeling like I was. Unless she felt like strangling a certain person who had just made such a moronic comment. :evil:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 9:51 pm

lostonearth35 wrote:
Rising food prices, lack of sleep, weather, tiredness, possible PMS. I didn't even want any take out food from the mall food court my mother offered to buy for me. About the only places that are open right now after the hurricane sell burgers and I'm sick of them. The only really good fast-food burgers are A&W, but I'm sick of them, too. Or maybe it's something else, I don't know. Subway was open too but I really don't care much for it. And the line up to Tim Horton's was insanely long. A lot of people must be really in caffeine withdrawal because they still don't have power to make their own coffee.

And while I was in one of the stores I yawned, and some woman who just happened to walk by said loudly and shrilly "YOU SOUND HOW I FEEL HAHAHAHAHA!!" :roll:

No, she could not possibly be feeling like I was. Unless she felt like strangling a certain person who had just made such a moronic comment. :evil:

Sweet Pea hugs

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

29 Sep 2022, 10:33 pm

WP has come to a grinding halt. The rest of the people here seem to be avoiding me. Nobody loves me anymore. Everyone knows what I'm like. Perhaps, if I changed my avatar to Peter Newkirk, or The Kinks than the other WP members would hang around Random Discussion and play with me. Maybe if I stopped posting so much about myself and my medical problems, my WP brothers and sisters wound stick around like they did in the old days. Perhaps, I'd be a more charming presence if I acted British. I wish I knew what I was doing wrong. I'm not the most charming member. If I was more like the rest of you, especially like the British members, would you be playing with me right now? I'll change my avatar. I'll speak in Cockney Rhyming Slang. I will change my ways so that I can be popular and well-liked like the rest of you.