Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1633 of 1992 [ 31867 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634, 1635, 1636 ... 1992  Next

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 12:57 pm

No one came to IMR except me, so it is cancelled for today.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 1:27 pm

kraftiekortie wrote:
Is there any way you could keep in contact with this therapist in an "informal" sort of way?

I don't think she would be willing to do that, unfortunately. She says she is going to ask for an extension of another extra month just so I have an easier transition. I'm so overwhelmed with my "to-do-before-we-move" list already, and I can feel a shutdown and/or a meltdown coming on. Feels sort of like I'm going to hop out of my own skin (no idea if that makes sense). Ughhhhh.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2021, 6:00 pm

VERY high anxiety over the final Smash Ultimate fighter, and having to wait 12 days. Honestly, I just want it over with and stop having these inaccurate premonitions that may or may not come true.

PBL187
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 12:52 am

cecilfienkelstien wrote:
Anxiety

What’s getting you anxious lately, or is it just general anxiety?

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:08 am

Mother.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:06 pm

I didn't really sleep last night + I'm afraid to shower. :|

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2021, 9:25 pm

Flown wrote:
My therapist told me last night that she cannot keep me as a patient when I move. We have a month left of sessions, but she cannot legally practice psychotherapy in the state to which I'm moving. There are some states jumping on board with Counseling Compacts, but there aren't many.

I am NOT coping well with all of the recent change, and this was one constant that I had depended on being there for the foreseeable future. She's the only therapist that I've "clicked" with, and she knows nearly everything about me. She has been there with me through some major traumatic events (she took me on in early 2020). I don't want to go back to square one. I don't want to have to show my pain and suffering to a stranger. This sucks so much.

I cried like a baby for the last half of my therapy session last night, and it was so embarrassing. Then cried whilst watching Golden Girls to calm down.

Oh, Flown!! :( :( I'm so sorry to hear this. I can really relate to what you're going through.

Is there no way around it, even with online therapy?

I had a greatly beloved mentor and trauma therapist from 2009 until about two years ago. We spent thousands of hours together and it was the most transformative relationship of my life. He is elderly in his 80s, and started becoming senile. In the end he was only seeing me and three other people. I even helped him find his diapers in one of our sessions. He was like a father to me. He has retired now. I send greetings at Yom Kippur and Hannukah, and I've talked to his wife a little, but otherwise I've had to heal from saying goodbye to that chapter of my life.

It took me about a year to find someone new last summer, online. She was good, but she'll never replace him. I ended up deciding to fly solo a few months ago and I'm trying to manage without a trauma therapist. I might look for someone new again, or I might return to her. My daughter is going through the same, as her trusted therapist has been on sabbatical all year and may not be returning because of health issues.

Sorry for the long ramble. I'm just trying to say that I completely understand how you feel. I hope your therapist can refer you to someone similar, or maybe even assist in the crossover online session? I'm not sure if that's allowed, but perhaps with your consent?

Sending hugs and support,
Issy

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 7:30 am

A what-could-had-been, long overdue.

Had an online friend, a father of young 2.
Went abroad to work, and went home from work.

His family went to an airport, greeting him after for long.
I'm glad for my friend.

But somewhere in my mind... And deep down in my damn heart...

In place of this friend of mine, what could've been my dad, and in place of those children were me and my sister.

... A memory never had.

Or maybe a memory never yet would be.
I won't be prepared for it regardless.
But I'd rather confront it.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 9:14 am

Drunkenness on campus.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2021, 10:06 am

I woke up feeling really nauseous.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 9:11 am

Anxiety

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 10:50 am

Drunk Students and them giving the university a bad reputation.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 2:31 pm

I've discovered an abcess at the base of my cat's tail. :(

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 3:43 pm

Jetlagged.
But without caffeine. Or travelling.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2021, 5:06 pm

My dog got in a fight with another dog the other day and I'm stressed out trying to figure out how to fix his reactivity. He wasn't like this before he came with us to the shelter and two dogs tried to start a fight with him.

TenMinutes
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2021, 3:36 am

In a week with a concert from my favorite band, the friend who got me into the band hasn't thought to contact me and hasn't answered my text. Presumably they are looking forward to the concert and could potentially be talking about it, and probably is talking about it...but not with me.

Even when people have a ready made conversation starter, they don't talk to me.

Last edited by TenMinutes on 27 Sep 2021, 8:01 am, edited 1 time in total.