Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1630 of 1998 [ 31967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633 ... 1998  Next

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:31 am

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Got into an argument with someone about how everyone's not just "a little ND", that things like ASD/ADHD/learning disabilities/etc. are legitimately disabling, and that people with those things have different experiences compared to people with other mental health issues. Apparently I am somehow "belittling" people with other problems by thinking this.

That's frustrating. People like to play the victim when they're told just because you struggle too doesn't mean you face the same struggle.

It really seems like some people think "ND" is synonymous with "generally mentally ill" and I do not know where they learned that from, or why they get so angry when they learn that's not what it means.

I agree with you.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 7:33 am

Flown wrote:
Yep, these are my photos! I'm a naturalist and nature photographer :) And those are "false eyes". I'm not exactly sure, but I think they are used to confuse or intimidate potential prey.

I love both moths and butterflies, but I must admit I have a preference for the former.

Very impressive.
Professional standard.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:15 am

I haven't lost a pound in 8 days, getting discouraged.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:17 am

Getting admonished for pointing out an obvious character flaw.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:34 am

Getting "Ninja'ed" five times in a row when going back to re-edit previous posts I have made.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 8:43 am

Finding out I might have diabetes. :cry:

♤ The Military

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 10:20 am

I got in an argument with my mom over salad. I f***ing hate PMS so much! :(

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:36 pm

Pepe wrote:
Very impressive.
Professional standard.

Thank you so very much! I'm trying to improve every day! I don't consider myself a professional at all!
----------------------------
Also posted in rants:
I just told my mom about us selling our home and moving North within the month, and I got the biggest guilt trip ever. I feel awful now.

We have rarely seen each other despite me living within 1-2 hours of her for the last 13 years. I almost always had to be the one to make the effort to go see her. My relationship with her is a complicated one. She has become toxic over the past 8 years or so (due to a pharmaceutical addiction), and I've had to keep my distance to keep my sanity. I have still made an effort to call and video chat with her despite that, but she rarely answers or talks to me. Her health is not the greatest these days, so I DO worry about her all of the time.

I don't understand why she wants to "keep me close" when she has rarely made an effort to see me while I've been here anyway.

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:40 pm

Flown wrote:
Pepe wrote:
Very impressive.
Professional standard.

Thank you so very much! I'm trying to improve every day! I don't consider myself a professional at all!
----------------------------
Also posted in rants:
I just told my mom about us selling our home and moving North within the month, and I got the biggest guilt trip ever. I feel awful now.

We have rarely seen each other despite me living within 1-2 hours of her for the last 13 years. I almost always had to be the one to make the effort to go see her. My relationship with her is a complicated one. She has become toxic over the past 8 years or so (due to a pharmaceutical addiction), and I've had to keep my distance to keep my sanity. I have still made an effort to call and video chat with her despite that, but she rarely answers or talks to me. Her health is not the greatest these days, so I DO worry about her all of the time.

I don't understand why she wants to "keep me close" when she has rarely made an effort to see me while I've been here anyway.

I'm sorry to hear that Flown. :(

♤ The Military

Summer_Twilight
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 1:50 pm

That non autistic people don't know how to accept us or talk to us.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 11:22 pm

Feeling very depressed for no discernable reason.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 8:02 am

Campus is so busy. Lots of traffic by the university.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 8:04 am

an unexpected medical bill.
$78 for a random drug test that my psychiatrist decided to spring on me last month. :evil:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 8:08 am

I just read an op-ed piece with the words "As a gay, black, male Republican..." in the first paragraph, and the several paragraphs that followed had absolutely nothing at all to do with being gay, black, a man, or a Republican.  Why do people not simply say what needs to be said without detailing how they identify themselves or "representing" for people with whom they share the same identity?

:roll: They should get over themselves.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 12:12 pm

Anxiety

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2021, 1:28 pm

Bird squawking during IMR