Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1528 of 1998 [ 31953 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1525, 1526, 1527, 1528, 1529, 1530, 1531 ... 1998  Next

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 10:52 am

The news is painting this upcoming inauguration of the new president here as being a very difficult time in
Washington DC , calling people domestic terrorists . Government seems to be reacting to these events , As
Turning that city into a armed camp . Comparable to the green zone in Iraq ... but with many more soldiers on duty.
To make sound like this is a huge event . It is scarey to here these things ,.
Cause , I know from being in school and my civics Classes and history class . That this is not how this country is
Suppose to be .. it’s very scarey when citizen soldiers are defending against citizens . Something is not right .
Am scared to watch the news , and am scared not to watch . These people and the leaders of these people
Are saying about overthrowing a governmental elected body of the United States . Am not suppose to have to worry about these kind of things . Have enough , without the crazy’s in Washington . Making it uncomfortable just to
Be here . It’s not suppose to be like this . I have to wonder if the news is inflaming the situation. ?

where ever you go ,there you are

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 9:43 pm

I think I’m getting a cold, I really don’t need that when I need both a trip to the grocery store to find some less unhealthy stuff than usual to eat and a trip to the dentist to have my probable cavity checked out in the near future. But on the plus side, it’s just upper respiratory symptoms right now (sinus pressure that doesn’t quite hurt in my head, chapped-feeling throat, sneezing, and overall run-down feeling), so I doubt it’s COVID.

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.
-H. P. Lovecraft, "The Outsider"

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2021, 9:50 pm

I overslept when I took a nap for the 16th time this month. I must really be allergic to the month of January.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 10:14 am

Did not sleep well at all. I had an upset stomach. I really need my coffee today.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 1:45 pm

That sleeping stuff must be contagious. ,, me too did not sleep worth a darn ... :(

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 2:25 pm

Jakki wrote:
That sleeping stuff must be contagious. ,, me too did not sleep worth a darn ... :(

I go thru cycles where I sleep great and then I have a few days that I don't.

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 4:03 pm

I basically never sleep well, my “bad sleep” nights are the ones where I end up with under an hour (including oftentimes none whatsoever ) of sleep, the rest is normal for me. :tired:

Yet in my new wildness and freedom I almost welcome the bitterness of alienage. For although nepenthe has calmed me, I know always that I am an outsider; a stranger in this century and among those who are still men.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 7:13 pm

Used to not sleep sometime ago , would just relax all my muscles and eyes and just lay semi awake .
Trying to drift off but aware that I had dropped off , just still all night . Which was not idea of sleep and
Not getting mental rest but instead , just rested my body . For hour upon hour , then my doctor started
Giving me some mild sleep meds . So have been able to drift off .more often than not now.
It got to be alittle scarey when my sleep would go away for 5 days in a row .

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2021, 8:56 pm

My posting/speaking style got me into hot water with a new member. I'm such a German.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=393650&p=8696782#p8696782

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 10:35 am

Anxiety

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 10:35 am

Waiting to leave.

theprisoner
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 10:39 am

The fact that my rolex stopped ticking and had to be repaired, and on the way to the repair shop, my lamborgini got a flat tire, so i had to take the helicopter instead.

AQ: 27 Diagnosis:High functioning (just on the cusp of normal.) IQ:131 (somewhat inflated result but ego-flattering) DNA:XY Location: UK. Eyes: Blue. Hair: Brown. Height:6'1 Celebrity I most resemble: Tom hardy. Favorite Band: The Doors. Personality: uhhm ....(what can i say...we asd people are strange)

dragonsanddemons
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 1:10 pm

Jakki wrote:
Used to not sleep sometime ago , would just relax all my muscles and eyes and just lay semi awake .
Trying to drift off but aware that I had dropped off , just still all night . Which was not idea of sleep and
Not getting mental rest but instead , just rested my body . For hour upon hour , then my doctor started
Giving me some mild sleep meds . So have been able to drift off .more often than not now.

That’s what happens for me too, I call it resting when I can, well, rest but not actually fall asleep. It’s better than nothing, at least. I’ve been on sleep meds for a decade now, every so often they stop working well and I have to switch to another one, I’m reaching that point again. And even with sleep meds, I don’t think I’ve ever slept well, they just let me sleep some.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 1:45 pm

Anxiety

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 2:15 pm

dragonsanddemons wrote:
Jakki wrote:

That’s what happens for me too, I call it resting when I can, well, rest but not actually fall asleep. It’s better than nothing, at least. I’ve been on sleep meds for a decade now, every so often they stop working well and I have to switch to another one, I’m reaching that point again. And even with sleep meds, I don’t think I’ve ever slept well, they just let me sleep some.

If I do seem sleepy in the morning , I have taken the opportunity to try to see if I can drop off ... I am keeping the room dim intentionally , so if there seems to be a chance for real sleep . Will still try . But have luxury of not being
On a regular schedule sometimes . Always feel better if my mind *gets to shut down . Occasionally can start a dream but realize am dreaming , and not always able to drift into the dream , I just remain mentally aware of my surroundings. And that I am in resting mode

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

Decided to go a day without caffeine.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.