Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1825 of 1997 [ 31951 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1822, 1823, 1824, 1825, 1826, 1827, 1828 ... 1997  Next

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 8:11 pm

mango wasn't tart

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2022, 11:21 pm

A logic monster accused me of having no empathy.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:22 am

A selfish b***h who just doesn’t get it.

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 5:21 am

slept

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 8:16 am

more incidents of rich jerks throwing their weight around.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 9:41 am

Shopping

Gammeldans
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Dec 2022, 10:19 am

The death of Svenne Hedlund.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:17 pm

I've sprinkled a 22 lbs bag of kitty litter over half of the huge sheet of ice over the parking lot where I live because the maintenance workers who work at the office can't be bothered sprinkle the ice melt. I did it on my bad legs. I plan to attempt the other half of that ice sheet tomorrow. There are able-bodied people living in my building both male and female who can lift twice that amount. Why don't they sprinkle the ice melt and kitty litter?

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 1:56 pm

just had something to eat

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2022, 3:47 pm

Anxiety

temp1234
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 4:25 am

Two big flies in the kitchen. I don't know how they got in. I caught one but the other is still around.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 6:36 am

The lack of respect for life that a lot of people have, especially for the lives of people who have disabilities.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 9:42 am

Lots to do.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 9:18 pm

I found a dead mouse in a mousetrap that I had set to catch mice alive. But I hadn't checked the trap. I didn't think the mice were falling for it. So the mouse must have been stuck in there until it died.

But if it was alive, I would have had to walk a good distance from my apartment in cold, rainy weather to release it in the woods somewhere. And it probably wouldn't have survived anyway because of predators and lack of food or shelter. So either way I'm a horrible evil person for letting a mouse die. :(

I read the other day the city's rodent population has gotten really bad lately. Of course they're blaming it on covid. Apparently it's because there are so many restaurants in a small area and the rodents used to be a problem until the lockdown, so they've quickly adapted to invading people's homes instead. I think it's also because the weather being warmer this fall. At least I've only had small mice and not giant king-sized rats like the lady in the article has. They're bigger than her dog. :pale:

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2022, 10:59 pm

^

My cat came to the back door a few nights ago in the dark. There was something sticking out of his mouth that was barely noticeable, but seemed to be a twig. It dawned on me that it might be a mouse's tail so I left him for a while. When he came back to the window sure enough he had turned the mouse around and its body was visible.

It's not uncommon for him to bring mice but it's been a very long time, and there was snow on the ground. I was kind of surprised to see one. In the past he brought a couple of birds and even severed the head off a rabbit in my garden. It's a definite downside to having an outdoor cat but he's 19 now and there's no way he'll stay inside.

We had to ignore him and leave him outside until he got rid of the mouse, and then wash his face when he came in. Otherwise my other two (indoor) cats would want to lick the blood off his mouth, and they could get sick. Then I had to find the dead mouse outside so my dog wouldn't sniff it in the morning.

Pet ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be. At my other house my friend's cat brings garter snakes and chipmunks to the door. That's even nastier imo. He's made his own pet cemetery for all the cat-kill victims.

Unhappy: The leopard saga continued.

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2022, 12:20 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
^

My cat came to the back door a few nights ago in the dark. There was something sticking out of his mouth that was barely noticeable, but seemed to be a twig. It dawned on me that it might be a mouse's tail so I left him for a while. When he came back to the window sure enough he had turned the mouse around and its body was visible.

It's not uncommon for him to bring mice but it's been a very long time, and there was snow on the ground. I was kind of surprised to see one. In the past he brought a couple of birds and even severed the head off a rabbit in my garden. It's a definite downside to having an outdoor cat but he's 19 now and there's no way he'll stay inside.

We had to ignore him and leave him outside until he got rid of the mouse, and then wash his face when he came in. Otherwise my other two (indoor) cats would want to lick the blood off his mouth, and they could get sick. Then I had to find the dead mouse outside so my dog wouldn't sniff it in the morning.

Pet ownership isn't all it's cracked up to be. At my other house my friend's cat brings garter snakes and chipmunks to the door. That's even nastier imo. He's made his own pet cemetery for all the cat-kill victims.

Unhappy: The leopard saga continued.

Cats do seem to like to kill don't they? 8O

And yet they look so cute & unassuming.