Post something that made you UNHAPPY today.

Page 1629 of 1998 [ 31967 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629, 1630, 1631, 1632 ... 1998  Next

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:06 pm

Manduca sexta caterpillars defoliated/destroyed two of my pepper plants. I couldn't bring myself to kill them (I love moths so much), so I relocated them to the woods (away from my plants). Got some cool photos of them, and I'm not sure whether they are creepy or derpy. :P

King0fSpades
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 1:27 pm

Flown wrote:
Manduca sexta caterpillars defoliated/destroyed two of my pepper plants. I couldn't bring myself to kill them (I love moths so much), so I relocated them to the woods (away from my plants). Got some cool photos of them, and I'm not sure whether they are creepy or derpy. :P

Those are very pretty! :flower:

♤ The Military

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

13 Sep 2021, 4:42 pm

Flown wrote:

Did you take these photos??! !! They're AMAZING!! ! Like, National Geographic quality!! !!

Are those eyes on its body, or just camo dots?

Unbelievable -- it's incredible looking. I think it's stunning.

(I love moths too -- even more than butterflies)

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:49 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
Flown wrote:

Did you take these photos??! ! ! They're AMAZING!! ! Like, National Geographic quality!! ! !

Are those eyes on its body, or just camo dots?

Unbelievable -- it's incredible looking. I think it's stunning.

(I love moths too -- even more than butterflies)

Yep, these are my photos! I'm a naturalist and nature photographer :) And those are "false eyes". I'm not exactly sure, but I think they are used to confuse or intimidate potential prey.

I love both moths and butterflies, but I must admit I have a preference for the former.

Pepe
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 6:35 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Flown wrote:

Those are very pretty! :flower:

And they look juicy tasty, too.
Yum. :mrgreen:

Kerch
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 8:21 am

Those photos are awesome. And imo their adorable, but sadly destroying plants is indeed their game.

Flown
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 8:31 am

Kerch wrote:
Those photos are awesome. And imo their adorable, but sadly destroying plants is indeed their game.

thank you very much! and, yes, they can't help that they are hungry little buggers :)

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 8:58 am

Anxiety

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:05 am

Work today

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 9:11 am

King0fSpades wrote:
Flown wrote:
feeling disorganized and "scrambled" (if that makes any sense at all...)

It makes sense to me. I hand days where I have trouble concentrating and getting organized too.

That is how I am feeling today.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:52 pm

Bad drivers.

cecilfienkelstien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 12:54 pm

Road construction.

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 4:35 pm

Got into an argument with someone about how everyone's not just "a little ND", that things like ASD/ADHD/learning disabilities/etc. are legitimately disabling, and that people with those things have different experiences compared to people with other mental health issues. Apparently I am somehow "belittling" people with other problems by thinking this.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 4:59 pm

HeroOfHyrule wrote:
Got into an argument with someone about how everyone's not just "a little ND", that things like ASD/ADHD/learning disabilities/etc. are legitimately disabling, and that people with those things have different experiences compared to people with other mental health issues. Apparently I am somehow "belittling" people with other problems by thinking this.

That's frustrating. People like to play the victim when they're told just because you struggle too doesn't mean you face the same struggle.

Watching liberals try to solve societal problems without a systemic critique/class consciousness is like watching someone in the dark try to flip on the light switch, but they keep turning on the garbage disposal instead.
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う

HeroOfHyrule
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 5:14 pm

funeralxempire wrote:
HeroOfHyrule wrote:

That's frustrating. People like to play the victim when they're told just because you struggle too doesn't mean you face the same struggle.

It really seems like some people think "ND" is synonymous with "generally mentally ill" and I do not know where they learned that from, or why they get so angry when they learn that's not what it means.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

14 Sep 2021, 10:06 pm

Grief, trauma, triggers, shock, disgust, pity, empathy, sympathy, flashbacks, anger, and a broken heart.