Would this still be considered a special interest?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

nissa_amas_katoj wrote:
I try to confine my special interests in people to fictional characters. It can be very easy to do things another person might consider intrusive, so do try to tone things down and spend loads of time with other interests that do not involve real-world people who might take your interest the wrong way. (Maybe you can try only talking with them on Mondays and Thursdays?)

If your behavior is perceived as crossing the line and folks call you a stalker, maybe there is a therapist you can talk things over with who can give you an objective view on what behaviors, regarding other people, will be considered 'normal' and which are likely to be considered excessive.

I have never been called a stalker. I really believe the guy who he didn't think I was stalking him, was being honest. He doesn't directly state that certain people bother him, but it is pretty obvious. There is one person, that I thought he probably didn't like because of the way he talked about her compared to the way he talked about other people when I brought up their names. I asked my mom about this and she agreed.

I have already tried fictional characters. It didn't work out very well.

LostUndergrad9090
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:20 pm

whats stalking?

BuffyFan4Life
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Jul 2012, 12:25 am

Thankfully I'm more obsessed with Buffy (a fictional character) than Sarah Michelle Gellar (a real person) I don't wanna feel like a stalker and I would never be one to anybody!! Sarah is my role model though!

Buffy Summers is my heroine and role model forever!! <3