Page 1 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:40 pm

Does anyone have sensory will smell? I do. Certain smells make me gag and make my eyes eyes water. The smell of stinky washroom bothers me a lot. I went to a camp, where we slept in dorms, and all the rooms were in a hall like a hotel, but not as fancy, there were washrooms at the end of the hall. Anyway, those washrooms REALLY stunk! Sometimes, you could smell them halfway down the hall! Certain foods cooking also does this to me.

Some smells don't bug me as much as, but are still really unpleasant, like rain for example. (I actually have a lot of sensory issues with rain)

Does anyone have sensory issue with smell?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 8:51 pm

My mom's farts are putrid. It's like this big cloud of stink that slaps you in the face continuously until you run away. Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; I can gag myself sometimes.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 9:03 pm

Certain body odors can nearly gag me, and any kind of unexpected or out-of-place fuel or fire odor can sometimes initiate panic.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

26 Jul 2011, 9:19 pm

SammichEater wrote:
My mom's farts are putrid. It's like this big cloud of stink that slaps you in the face continuously until you run away.

Try being around my dad.

Quote:
Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; I can gag myself sometimes.

:lol:

AspieWolf
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 11:17 pm

There are lots of food smells that can make me physically sick. I have been told that I must have a rather sensitive sense of smell too, as I can smell things that others are not aware of.

Some of us just have a little more madness than others!

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 11:30 pm

Farts! I love the sound but hate the smell! LOL! I don`t like the smell of our kitchen dish soap that we have at the moment. And one time about 7 years ago my mom had on a perfume that made me sick!

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

26 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

SammichEater wrote:
My mom's farts are putrid. It's like this big cloud of stink that slaps you in the face continuously until you run away. Unfortunately, the apple doesn't fall far from the tree; I can gag myself sometimes.

I Literally just busted out laughing :D and I could say the same thing about my mom :P

On Topic: I really get irritated by certain smells and almost can't get myself to breath if it's bad enough.
For example: Cigarette smoke, Curry, etc.

AdiaofArcadia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 12:28 am

It's gotten worse with age. I used to be able to be around dead things. I actually kind of enjoyed it, not because I'm sick but because I love the way bodies work. But now I can't stand the new embalming fluid they use. And wet food, like wet ketchup makes me sick. I mostly have trouble with sounds.

Edit: I forgot, when I was depressed my mom would burn this candle and I couldn't stand it. I still can't. When it wasn't burning I constantly had this rotten meat smell and taste in my mouth. I still get it when I listen to the Norah Jones CD I'd always listen to. It's too bad, I really liked that album lol.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 1:26 am

I have the nose of a dog and the eyes of a bird

ArtisticOne
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 9:15 am

It's really strange... Certain smells give me headaches, other smells make me gag, and there are a few smells I can tolerate and even like. There are even times where I smell something and comment on it, but no one else around me can smell it. (Such as a skunk smell outside.) I must have a really sensitive nose or something. :)

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

27 Jul 2011, 10:35 am

I have an extreme hypersensitivity to various smells, and not to others which may bother NT people more so. Case in point: Skunk odor is not offensive to me at all, unless it's so strong that it bothers my eyes. I could happily eat a meal with the odor present. However, the vaguest hint of spoiling meat or dead rat, will make me feel ill and in need of a sick bag instantly. Dirty people (feet, hair, B.O., etc), is also of the retching type. Strong chemical smells, bad gasoline exhaust fumes, and public bathroom odors are very unpleasant to me, but usually are tolerable. Cigarette smoke is intolerable. Not for the stomach sickness reasons, but cigarette smoke gives me a bad headache, and makes my lungs go half capacity, and I can't smell or taste anything else.

Charles

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 10:47 am

i am extremely sensitive to scents. most smells don't bother me, but some bug me a lot...

... wet mustard or wet peanut butter (like on a dish in the sink)

... some plastic freezer bags that smell like decomposing flesh to me (though i find the smell of decomposition to be inoffensive)

... a couple of people-related odours, though the smell of regular sweat is fine

... bleach

felinesaresuperior
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jul 2011, 3:36 pm

i can hardly smell a thing, so when buying soap or perfum, sometimes i drag my brother with me to tell me which one to buy. sometimes i wish i could smell the perfum i want. i'm not saying i can't smell it at all, but it's faint, and when i try to smell and take deep breaths and concentrate, i get dizzy.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

27 Jul 2011, 3:41 pm

This is one of these times where I wish my sense of smell wasn't so sensitive.
I nearly had a meltdown when my dog got sprayed by a skunk. I couldn't go hide in my room because my dog had ran through it! :lol:

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2011, 5:27 am

I hold my breath when I'm getting stuff out of the fridge, or walking past someone. I hate going into fruit shops - the smell makes me want to puke. Some foods make me want to throw up too, as does perfume\aftershave etc. I get a sore throat from people who have been smoking and from some perfumes.

Everything has a smell - but most people don't seem to notice it at all.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 6:45 am

I can't smell.
I have extreme hyposensitivity to taste, as well.

to his Interest."