Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

ConfusedDude
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

Is it wrong for me to find love right now at this age?
Am I wasting my time?
Can I find love in this site and not in Aspie Affection?
According to all the topic forums I posted,(see my profile)do you think i'm weird?

...*sighs* So many questions.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jul 2011, 11:41 pm

ConfusedDude wrote:
Is it wrong for me to find love right now at this age?
Am I wasting my time?
Can I find love in this site and not in Aspie Affection?
According to all the topic forums I posted,(see my profile)do you think i'm weird?

...*sighs* So many questions.

At 16 I think you are going to have a difficult time finding any relationship that lasts more than 2 years. Most teenage relationships only last a few months.

But I think you should still date if you are interested in a relationship, because you have an opportunity to learn and practice valuable socialization and relationship skills when you are a teenager that you won't have nearly as often when you're older.

AdiaofArcadia
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Jul 2011, 12:04 am

I thought I'd found love when I was sixteen, but I realize now that even if I were in love with them (I thought I fell in love twice when I was sixteen, it was probably just the once), if I were still in love with either of them I would not have been able to grow the way I have. I have known a few couples who fell in love at sixteen and are married/getting married soon, but they haven't changed much since they were sixteen. I know how you feel though. I wish I would have met the love of my life by now. I'm a terrible romantic, and I get so lonely. But I'm also kind of happy that I've had so much time to grow. So give it time, love will come when it does. Good luck. :)

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Jul 2011, 12:37 am

The best part about being a teenage boy is that were young and we dont necessarily have to get into serious relationships. We date a girl, and we practice all the romantic stuff like buying her roses and candy on valentines day, romantic dinners etc, and we support and love each other for a period of time, but eventually the relationship will end and you find that the love you felt wasnt exactly true love, but while you dated her you managed to learn social skills like flirting and how to be more emotional and support her when shes sad, and you even got your first kiss or maybe your first slow dance with a girl. Its just being a teenage boy, so enjoy it and live it for the moment. because its memories like this that really stay with you forever and their usually always something to look back on and smile or laugh about, from the magic of the first kiss to the embaressment of spilling the glass of punch on her prom dress while everyone was taking yr book photos of the two of you. Its just part of life :) And no you dont seem weird, just a normal teenager if you ask me, and im sure youll be able to find a girl to date eventually