Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

hurtloam
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 4:08 am

I don't seem to cope well with how I feel emotionally. A couple of not so good things have happened recently and I have been quiet upset. I have tried talking to people about how I feel in an attempt to deal with it, but I am so tired and in so much pain at the moment. I ache all over. I sleep and sleep, but I'm sitll so tired. This has happened before. It's not unusual. I seem to have physical reactions to emotions.

Any advice on how to deal with it?

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 4:42 am

Well, I've seen similar symptoms in people who are under large amounts of stress for long periods of time, where the source of the stress has no clear solution and there is very little respite or relief.

Such things are to be expected. That's what bodies do... they start to shut down when there is too much stress on the systems in order to preserve the organism... So your body is causing you pain and sleep and inertia because it "thinks" that it is helping to keep you from overdoing it and damaging yourself.
But sometimes these sorts of things do develop into something a bit more severe.

see: Somatoform disorder

In addition to talking about the emotions, getting "away" from them might be helpful in the form of physical exercise, yoga or meditation... all things that can help to redirect/counteract some of those physical issues. At least, if possible, go and do something pleasurable to get your physical senses back on your side again.

I hope some of this helped.

PaleBlueDotty
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

28 Jul 2011, 4:43 am

Could your physical pain have to do with the fact that you are sleeping a lot?
When you are asleep your body does not move as much and muscles can start to ache.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 7:39 am

Redirecting your mind away from these thoughts and the pain would likely work. Try varying your daily activities and adding a routine into your day where you get up and go to bed at a certian time every day...it will have you feeling less tired. Also, look into Mindfulness Meditation classes...which will assist in helping you manage both the pain and the negative emotions. hope you feel better soon!

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.