Page 1 of 3 [ 43 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2011, 7:33 am

Recently I've discovered that my laugh is blunted to a point where it sounds muted. Also I only laugh at few things. I've got a hypothesis brewing and I need to know how you guys on the spectrum laugh and when. Thanks.

Orr
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 9:18 am

I laugh most heartily when reading something I find funny.

In a group situation my laugh has been described as robotic.

One time someone described how I laugh as: engage laughter mode,'Hahahaha', end laughter mode.

I would describe my laughter as abrupt.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 9:33 am

I experience laughter early and often. Laughter of a sardonic sort.

It is the Laugh that says: "I told you so...."

ruveyn

stilldays
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jul 2011, 9:36 am

As I expected. OMine is the same. I'm trying to understand the role endorphins play in social laughterand from what I understand the high kappa receptor activity in autism spectrum reduces the laugh to dysphoric executive functioning. When I am alone I laugh like others do.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 10:57 am

I think my laugh is fairly normal, but sometimes I don't laugh at the "right" times. NT people will laugh at certain jokes, and I will just be sitting there wondering what is so funny. And then when something really funny actually happens, I am often the only one who is laughing. :? Oh well....

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

CaptainTrips222
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:17 am

I feel sense of mirth, which manifests in my solar plexus, and it travels to my face, which lifts into a grin, and then comes out of my mouth with rapid individual gusts, often accompanied by vocalization.

Laughter is weird.

joestenr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2011, 11:33 am

I have been told i have a distinctive laugh, not that i could describe it sense i think i have aeveral different laughs. There is a quiet almist silen ine of amusment tgat i do all the time. There is tge slightly louder version i do when talking. Then there is hysterical laughter at things that are obsurd.
Mind u my humor does not seem to match that of others. Or requires far too much explaining so by the time others get the joke it wasnt that funny and now thier bored.

"For success in science or art, a dash of autism is essential"
Hans Asperger

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 11:53 am

I was told that I laughed like a witch when I was younger. I don't laugh like that anymore. I also had this very high-pitched, "heeheeheehee" laugh for a while. I pretty much have a "normal" laugh now. I laugh at a lot of things.

My English teacher this year, would say something funny, and I'd laugh, but no one else would, then English teacher would give me a bit of strange look.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 2:41 pm

If I find something funny what nobody else does, I find it hard to laugh properly. It seem to just come out as a loud shout, causing other people to go ''ssshhh!! !'' (which I hate). But when other people laugh, I laugh too. But if other people are laughing at something that I don't find that funny, I find it hard to laugh. But to go along with the conversation, I try to think of something else funny, so that I can then laugh along with the others. It usually works.

But don't think of something funny when somebody is telling you something awfully serious. Please, don't!

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:01 pm

I have two "Leila laughs".
The first is very loud and accompanied by a huge grin and my head thrown back, with some sort of limb movement.
The second is basically me just sitting there with a tiny smile, shaking all over. XD Or sometimes my nostrils move really fast.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2011, 3:33 pm

My laugh when reading a book alone or watching a show alone is much heartier than when in a group. I basically smirk in a group.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 3:35 pm

CaptainTrips222 wrote:
I feel sense of mirth, which manifests in my solar plexus, and it travels to my face, which lifts into a grin, and then comes out of my mouth with rapid individual gusts, often accompanied by vocalization.

Laughter is weird.

Exactly what I was thinking.

mb1984
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Jul 2011, 4:41 pm

I experience laughter and humor in my head mostly. If I do laugh out loud, it's usually out of surprise/happiness, and it's like "hahahahaha" and I clap my hands and bounce. Things like: surprise presents, driving really fast through lots of puddles, or finding a new special interest can make me really laugh.

I dread laughing in public. At times I have such a fear of it, that my suppressed laughter almost turns to hysteric crying or panic. 8O

Judge of your natural character by what you do in your dreams.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

monkees4va
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 Jul 2011, 5:31 pm

I'm not sure how to explain it...

I've been told I have a bad laugh, but it's not the kind of annoying laugh like janice from friends. It's mostly a mixture of the 'witch' laugh and the girly cute one is the best explanation. Makes me cringe then laugh harder XD

Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 65 of 200
You are very likely an Aspie

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 5:57 pm

I laugh at many things, because I have a great sense of humour. I have different laughs to match my different moods.

TenPencePiece
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jul 2011, 6:05 pm

I hardly laugh publicly, but used to laugh very badly!