Style of dating based on your first love.

Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

I have no one "type", except maybe they ranged from slightly to extremely more intelligent/intellectually-driven than average, and same goe for leftism, with the exception of my current beau.
Physically, they were totally dissimilar, but then I don't give two hoots about looks.

to his Interest."

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 7:54 pm

I haven't dated anyone, but ever since I first kinda "did" something with a guy, I'm attracted to his type a lot more. XD
He was younger, taller than me, über skinny, and had a sense of fashion. And I dyed his hair blonde. :P

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 8:05 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
I haven't dated anyone, but ever since I first kinda "did" something with a guy, I'm attracted to his type a lot more. XD
He was younger, taller than me, über skinny, and had a sense of fashion. And I dyed his hair blonde. :P

That gives me so much hope! Thanks :)

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 8:11 pm

Grisha wrote:

:lol:

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 9:14 pm

Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

Totally! Take more hope. :) Tall skinny fashionable guys are SO hot.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:32 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

Hot? Perhaps.

Dateless? Frequently. :(

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:34 pm

Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

Hot? Perhaps.

I'm sure I've seen lots of tall skinny guys with girls by their side? Especially European ones. :P

AsteroidNap
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:36 pm

Oddly, I've been refining the characteristics over the years. Zeroing in if you will like a decaying oscillation.

I used to have dates with women who had broad, but shallow interests...now I prefer geeky women with specific, deep interests. I used to date more of the 'nice' girl type, but now prefer the Ginny-Weasley type of assertive, no b.s. women. I also never used to care if they were highly intelligent...but now I prefer women who are super smart/talented...at something.

So yeah...my preferences have evolved by and by. And if I'm honest, the only preference that hasn't really changed has been body-type. Must be a healthy type...I'm just not attracted to anorexia or obesity. When I was younger, I fell in love with this girl who was anorexic. It was nearly the end of us both. We're still friends to this day, she's married and healthy now -- but that experience opened my eyes to the destructive pursuit in our culture of ever thinner body-type, and how, as an individual, I was contributing to it.

Grisha
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:43 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

Hot? Perhaps.

I'm sure I've seen lots of tall skinny guys with girls by their side? Especially European ones
. :P

Yes of course.

I never miss an opportunity to whine about my love life though... :wink:

DW_a_mom
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:48 pm

I married the one who broke the mold ;)

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 11:55 pm

Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:
Grisha wrote:
Spazzergasm wrote:

Hot? Perhaps.

I'm sure I've seen lots of tall skinny guys with girls by their side? Especially European ones
. :P

Yes of course.

I never miss an opportunity to whine about my love life though... :wink:

Hey– at least you have one. :P