Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Negolin
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Jul 2011, 9:19 am

anyone else can't stand the sound of lawn mowers and weed wackers? perhaps especially in

the morning time.

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 9:28 am

didn't used to be able to but one or another of my neighbors is always doing something with one so doesn't bother me anymore, it's like the chirping of a really loud and annoying bird

What makes me stop in my tracks and cover my ears and close my eyes, I don't care how weird I look or who's around, are

trains
motorcycles
sirens

They make me PANIC.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

loud motorcycles
horns blowing
gas powered electrical generators when the starter whines to start it up
chainsaws and whistling weed whackers annoy me.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Jul 2011, 9:49 am

The worst sound for me in the morning Monday to Friday?
My alarm clock.

As for motorcycles,,,,,,,I own a Yamaha R1 almost 200mph monster.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

I HATE the sound of lawn mowers and weed whackers!! I also hate the sound of cars and motorcycles! I hate loud noises in general!

identity
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 7:41 am

Yes I hate the sound of lawn mowers especially petrol ones which seem to be louder. Just the other day I was walking past a house and someone started their lawn mower just as I was almost right next to it. :x
Like others I dislike loud noises in general; we have a dyson vacuum which seems to be louder than any other brand! I usually feel slightly deaf after it's been on, I'm sure it must exceed some kind of noise standards. :roll:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 9:24 am

I hate the sounds of lawn mowers, weed whackers and pressure washers. It's even more bothersome when I'm listening to my music.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 9:40 am

I d ndscaping for a year so I learned to ignore the sound. The vibrations and noise made by large machines causes me great levels of anxiety for some reason. 8O

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 10:41 am

i really dislike every noise besides music that isn't made by me or people i like around me.. i also hate dogs and screaming people.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

Crow_T_Robot
Raven
Raven

17 Sep 2011, 10:50 am

When I was little, my grandpa was going to build me a go kart, until he tried to take me for a ride on his riding lawnmower and I screamed and hid. Never got my go kart.

Just as well, though. I still hate the sound of loud engines, but I can deal.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

17 Sep 2011, 11:10 am

I've always been fine with it. In fact on my car I have a loud exhaust, a Thrush Turbo muffler, and even rode it mufflerless for a couple days. I'd like to put a resonator on it to quiet it down somewhat, but I prefer a louder less restrictive muffler so the car isn't dead silent. I still like it quiet enough to have a conversation in the car and not have me get pulled over by the police. When I was younger, I used to think every motorcycle was so loud, but now it's just like "oh, that's normal" and I get more surprised by a motorcycle with a quiet exhaust "wtf, he's got stock pipes on there still?"

My personal lawnmower, though, is a reel mower, no noise, and it allows me to mow my lawn at like midnight if I choose to. It's pretty sweet, I highly recommend reel mowers, no gas, no oil, no varnished carburetors, etc, it's awesome.

Then again, one of my "special interests" is cars and internal combustion engines in general, so loudness doesn't really affect me at all.