Any other aspies NOT into fantasy or science fiction?

Page 2 of 2 [ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jul 2011, 11:24 pm

SammichEater wrote:
I think it's funny that your parents won't let you play rated M games. Here in America, at the age of 17, you can legally buy rated M games and go to a rated R movie without parental permission. Parents always tend to forget that kind of stuff.

I'm 16 and live in Canada. I don't know if it's that they don't let me, or they just discourage me. It's not really about the rating, it's the content. My dad took me to a movie that was rated "R" in the states, but it was rated "R" for sexual content, and they are more concerned about violence. They don't go to violent movies by themselves either, so there is no way they are going to TAKE ME to a violent movie. They say that they don't restrict my media at all, the only reason why they don't is because is because I have never asked to play a violent game or see a violent movie. (Except Robin Hood 2010, but that was different, because my whole family really liked one of the guys in the movie). In the media arts class I did, everyone watched this horror movie the teacher put on except me, the teacher let me work on a video I was making in another room. The aid that was with me said that she didn't like it because it was too scary and violent.

I talked to them and say said they just discourage me from seeing violent movies and stuff.

Venger
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 12:30 am

Name121314 wrote:
Venger wrote:
There is a thread similar to this in the video games forum. Not liking sci-fi and video games is completely normal if you're female whether you have AS or not.

Don't stereotype people. Females can enjoy those things.

There are exceptions of course. But not not liking these things is more related to being female than a stereotype of aspergers like the OP seems to think.

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

30 Jul 2011, 12:45 am

I am female, and I live on sci-fi and fantasy!

:heart: Ratchet and Clank It's pretty much a combination of both (especially the weapons :lol:)