Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

29 Jul 2011, 10:34 pm

does this patch ruin the game like 1.07, i can't seem to find the patch notes.

i updated to 1.07 and after 30 minutes i deleted the data and pulled my older save off of my online storage, the only thing good about that patch was it fixed the music player, everything else was ruined.

hell i was driving in a 200 hp car race in my hard tuned 600 hp camaro that i tuned to no end and i was wondering how in the hell the other cars were passing me. and rthey put a power limiter in wtf, if i drop in a supercharger i want the car to go fast i don't want to nerf the car and make it slower.

but i can't seem to keep traction at any point, my camaro burns the back tires, my fiat coupe i love that car but i can't drive it anymore, because it burns the front tires so fast it's pointless to drive it at all.

so does patch 1.10 suck as much as 1.07 did? i'm getting tired of having to manually change the song after every race.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 12:43 am

Patch 1.07 didn't ruin the game. This isn't Zipper interactive were talking about here. This is Polyphony digital; they know what they're doing.

As for your problems, put on some racing soft tires. Make sure you have enough downforce in the rear. If you don't already have one, get a wing and adjust your suspension so that the rear is much higher than the front. Reduce the spring rates on your rear tires too. Also, you might want to consider buying the limited slip differential. It helps with traction.

If that doesn't help your car handle better, then get one with four wheel drive, or turn on the assists.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

30 Jul 2011, 4:30 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Patch 1.07 didn't ruin the game. This isn't Zipper interactive were talking about here. This is Polyphony digital; they know what they're doing.

As for your problems, put on some racing soft tires. Make sure you have enough downforce in the rear. If you don't already have one, get a wing and adjust your suspension so that the rear is much higher than the front. Reduce the spring rates on your rear tires too. Also, you might want to consider buying the limited slip differential. It helps with traction.

If that doesn't help your car handle better, then get one with four wheel drive, or turn on the assists.

actually i looked it was patch 1.06 that ruined the game, and 1.10 doesn't look at all good, i found the patch notes and cringed at every change listed.

yeah the first 4 gran turismos where basicly perfect. but i think something is wrong when you take a 600 hp car into a 200 hp car race and lose.

my camaro is hard tuned, it has a wing, custom bumpers the works. the only thing it doesn't have is the full racing modification, and i don't plan on doing that because i like the paint job it has now. it has soft racing tires, all the assists are up to max, downforce is at max in the rear. and it still burns the tires.

even my lancer evo 6 burns tire and it's a four wheel drive. alot of people say it's about throttle control, and using the shoulder buttons helps, but driving like that is so akward, because every racing game i have played since i was little i used the buttons to steer and gas\brake the car.

i think then need to put a patch in to make tire wear less punishing or i need a damn good car tuning guide, i can't tune my cars worth crap, i have no idea what all the options do. i'm not the car expert that's my dad's thing. i just like cars in the general sense.

markitzero
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 10:02 pm

My game is still at a older Ver. because I can't update it. The last patch I downloaded was when they first started the online Car Store and the online seasonal events. Once on can make a Cantanna to leech from the Person Nextdoor WiFi I may update my game. I don't have a broadband connection good enough for even updating because I am on 3G and all I can get from Verizon is Dial-up, he was one of the lucky ones with DSL 2Mbps back when it was available. before I moved.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

02 Aug 2011, 12:01 am

markitzero wrote:
My game is still at a older Ver. because I can't update it. The last patch I downloaded was when they first started the online Car Store and the online seasonal events. Once on can make a Cantanna to leech from the Person Nextdoor WiFi I may update my game. I don't have a broadband connection good enough for even updating because I am on 3G and all I can get from Verizon is Dial-up, he was one of the lucky ones with DSL 2Mbps back when it was available. before I moved.

i ended up updating my game and i'm surprised, i don't care about any of the online features except the car store, but i did a race with my camaro and didn't have the 200 hp cars eating up my rear, i'm also learning a bit more about car tuning how to increase traction.

but the best part is tire grip now works like it should, before i would drive my cars and my tires would go red and stay like that even if i would stop the car or let off the gas for a long time. now if i lose grip my tires turn red and and then cool down if i let off the gas. now i can drive my fiat coupe again.

and having the music player work properly for once is so sweet. hell i took my camaro into the supercar cup and won, i think the veryon drivers are idiots because i beat several veryons already. so much for better ai.

i got a maserati from the supercar cup, the first good prize car i have gotten yet. the rest were all gutless hybrids, or other weak puny cars.

joku_muko
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 7:46 pm

OT and I'm sorry about that mod feel free to delete. I've been considering getting this and its $40 right now will be picking it up unless if anyone knows if a greatest hits is coming out soon? I know there is a TON of DLC.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2011, 3:04 am

joku_muko wrote:
OT and I'm sorry about that mod feel free to delete. I've been considering getting this and its $40 right now will be picking it up unless if anyone knows if a greatest hits is coming out soon? I know there is a TON of DLC.

dlc where? i haven't seen any gran turismo 5 dlc the psn, not even a theme.

anyway other then that i hate nurburging this track is hell on earth, the track is to narrow, it's full of turns and i have to drive a race car on it. it would be better if i knew how to turn off rolling starts which was the part of the game 1.06 ruined for me, i hate rolling starts, i'd rather sit there for several seconds and rev my engine then watch a damn cutscene.

looks like i'll be buying the veyron >_<

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 1:51 pm

xemnasfan wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

actually i looked it was patch 1.06 that ruined the game, and 1.10 doesn't look at all good, i found the patch notes and cringed at every change listed.

yeah the first 4 gran turismos where basicly perfect. but i think something is wrong when you take a 600 hp car into a 200 hp car race and lose.

my camaro is hard tuned, it has a wing, custom bumpers the works. the only thing it doesn't have is the full racing modification, and i don't plan on doing that because i like the paint job it has now. it has soft racing tires, all the assists are up to max, downforce is at max in the rear. and it still burns the tires.

even my lancer evo 6 burns tire and it's a four wheel drive. alot of people say it's about throttle control, and using the shoulder buttons helps, but driving like that is so akward, because every racing game i have played since i was little i used the buttons to steer and gas\brake the car.

i think then need to put a patch in to make tire wear less punishing or i need a damn good car tuning guide, i can't tune my cars worth crap, i have no idea what all the options do. i'm not the car expert that's my dad's thing. i just like cars in the general sense.

Where's the fun of driving a 600hp car in a 200hp race? I think what they're trying to do is to keep people like yourself from using over powered cars. Its basically cheating. Most races in real life everyone basically has a set limit of what they can do with their cars, thus evening out the playing field a bit.

As for your Camero.......try working on the gear ratios. You may be getting too much torque in the lower RPM's.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 2:00 pm

xemnasfan wrote:
joku_muko wrote:

anyway other then that i hate nurburging this track is hell on earth, the track is to narrow, it's full of turns and i have to drive a race car on it. it would be better if i knew how to turn off rolling starts which was the part of the game 1.06 ruined for me, i hate rolling starts, i'd rather sit there for several seconds and rev my engine then watch a damn cutscene.

You speak BLASPHEMY! Nurburgring is THE BEST racing circuit there is. They don't call it Green Hell for nothing ;)

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2011, 6:01 pm

Katatonic wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
joku_muko wrote:

You speak BLASPHEMY! Nurburgring is THE BEST racing circuit there is. They don't call it Green Hell for nothing ;)

i agree with the "hell" part. if you can drive a race car at over 100 miles per hour down a twisted track that is so thin that one single mistake screws the whole race for you then more power to you. i can't.

because i paid 60 bucks for this game, and if i want to take my souped up camaro just to go out and spank hybrids and other gutless cars because i feel like it then i damn will.

if i'm going to mess with gears i'm not going to do it individually, i had a car in gt2 that i messed with gears on it and had to end up selling it because i couldn't get it to run right again.

besides i hate losing and i don't like it when the other drivers crowd around me, it makes me screw up in the race and gets me nervous.

Katatonic
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 4:06 pm

Maybe try looking for a gear ration calculator online? I know there's a really good suspension calculator for Forza. I've used it numerous times with great results. There should be an over-all gear slider that lets you tweek the gears for faster acceleration or more top speed. I'd slide it more towards top speed.

I hate losing too. But I still like some difficulty. I like it when I can see someone in my rear view mirror. If I don't then it gets sort of boring. I like that adrenaline rush from trying to outrun someone with a similar car.

Keep practicing on Nurburgring. I thought it was insanely difficult before, too. But I just kept at it and now its my favorite track. Besides, I HAVE been racing on it for well over 10 years. Can't remember if GT3 had it, but I know GT4 did. So did Project Gotham Racing 3. Passing can be insanely difficult though. The best way is to pass them on the straits where you can draft off of them then dart around.

Koan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Sep 2011, 12:25 am

xemnasfan wrote:
all the assists are up to max

"Well there's yer problem..." The assists will absolutely kill the handling of any car. I was so frustrated on the license tests where you can't disable them. Turn them off, except traction control maybe a notch or three. The stability control or oversteer correction or whatever it is is horrible. It's like trying to turn with someone else grabbing the wheel from you...

xemnasfan wrote:
downforce is at max in the rear. and it still burns the tires.

Downforce really won't keep you from burning the tires or having the rear kick out if you have a lot of torque or a very peaky engine power curve (I'd take 400 hp that was drivable vs. 800 that was to peaky any day, and it would be faster). Throttle control and balanced tuning will help some.

Peak power is like GHz CPU speed on a computer - great for sales, but not the most important thing in the real world. They say "You buy hp, you drive torque".

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

17 Sep 2011, 7:46 pm

Koan wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
all the assists are up to max

"Well there's yer problem..." The assists will absolutely kill the handling of any car. I was so frustrated on the license tests where you can't disable them. Turn them off, except traction control maybe a notch or three. The stability control or oversteer correction or whatever it is is horrible. It's like trying to turn with someone else grabbing the wheel from you...

xemnasfan wrote:
downforce is at max in the rear. and it still burns the tires.

Downforce really won't keep you from burning the tires or having the rear kick out if you have a lot of torque or a very peaky engine power curve (I'd take 400 hp that was drivable vs. 800 that was to peaky any day, and it would be faster). Throttle control and balanced tuning will help some.

Peak power is like GHz CPU speed on a computer - great for sales, but not the most important thing in the real world. They say "You buy hp, you drive torque".

yeah i found that out the hard way, and i found out tweaking settings ruined half of my cars. once i put them all to default again fixed it. the only setting i mess with are top speed, brakes, and downforce from now on, hasn't failed me yet. but obviously the game was broken prior to this patch, my problem was the tires would go red and stay red didn't matter what i did. since this patch my tires get red when i break, or slip on turns and cool off afterward. i can now drive my coupe again. i've also made a ton of money and got the x1 the b-spec grinding was hell on earth but this car is worth it. i just wish i could paint it some other color.