Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

David23
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

30 Jul 2011, 12:12 am

I read that Moonscoop has announced that Code Lyoko will be remade for another season, airing in 2012!

I had watched just about every episode and I loved the show, I can't wait to see what the new Season looks like. IDK how much will be different, it was on original air from 2003 to 2007 so there will probably be a lot of new concepts and ground to cover.

I can't be the only one on WP that likes/liked Code Lyoko... Can I?

[Will Insert XANA Icon Later]

My Tweets sometimes get out of hand... Disregard any offensive ones... It's all in good fun/ludicrousness ;)

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2011, 2:43 am

what? guess it must be a new story since xana is gone and they shut down the supercomputer.

i didn't hear of it until now.

from wiki

"On 31 May 2011, production company MoonScoop revealed on Facebook[1] that the show is returning with a fifth season, set to air in 2012. The season will be 26 episodes long and contain a mixture of live action and CGI.[2][3]"

a mixture of live action and cgi? this might be interesting.

so yes i do like it. i missed most of the last season until i saw them on youtube not too long ago. i tried playing the ds games but they are actually quite boring. of well.

odd is perhaps my favorite character. and he's also really cute

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 4:18 pm

I remember watching this years ago on Toonami and I thought it was pretty good and kinda dark for a kids show, not Batman the Animated Series dark or 2003 Ninja Turtles dark but dark. They only showed the first season though and it was years later that I saw some episodes from the other seasons and I read on wikipedia what happened in the end. The voice dubbing was kinda stupid at times especially in the first few episodes but got slightly better though. I thought that smart kid who always sent the other kids to Lyoko had kind of a weird silly voice. Also the use of scenes being repeated over and over again was kinda annoying, but all and all a pretty good decent show.

addison
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2011, 7:24 pm

tb86 wrote:
I remember watching this years ago on Toonami and I thought it was pretty good and kinda dark for a kids show, not Batman the Animated Series dark or 2003 Ninja Turtles dark but dark. They only showed the first season though and it was years later that I saw some episodes from the other seasons and I read on wikipedia what happened in the end. The voice dubbing was kinda stupid at times especially in the first few episodes but got slightly better though. I thought that smart kid who always sent the other kids to Lyoko had kind of a weird silly voice. Also the use of scenes being repeated over and over again was kinda annoying, but all and all a pretty good decent show.

they were screwing around in the first season with many different english dubs. i saw a few episodes where jeremy had a high pitched voice. he sounded more like a girl.

Roxas_XIII
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:53 pm

Dude (OP) where did you get this intel?

If this is true, then this ranks #2 in revived series that I MUST see (#1 is Persona 4 the Animation, an anime based off of an RPG in the Shin Megami Tensei game franchise, which is due out in Japan this October).

As for me, well... I was definitely a fan of Code Lyoko when I was 13 or 14. I thought it was pretty awesome (matter of fact, one of my avatars on a previous WP account that I abandoned due to lost password was CL-themed) and I still listen to some of the soundtracks (specifcally tracks by the Subdigitals) on my iPod. It's been a while since I've seen it... for a while I was actually reading a fan-fiction trilogy written by an online friend of mine. It was a lot darker than the canon, and the story all seemed to involve a situation where the Lyoko Warriors were outed and were unable to use the return. In one of his stories they actually transferred the supercomputer onto an airship and began traveling the world because they couldn't stay in France after their secret was revealed. In another chapter Aelita dies on Lyoko but is resurrected using a mysterious program, which returns her to life but with angel wings. He told me he suspected Moonscoop of ripping his idea, since he actually pitched the idea of that story to Moonscoop before the last season was created, then when that season aired Aelita had angel wings as part of her re-vamped Lyoko avatar. We still laugh about that sometimes.

He never finished the story but it was really well written. It kept me into the series long after it stopped airing. I wonder if he's heard about this? I oughta shoot him a message.

Happy New Year from WP's resident fortune-teller! May the cards be ever in your favor.

DaKing
Toucan
Toucan

20 Sep 2011, 12:23 am

WHEN!! :D :D :D

tb86
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 10:11 am

I mentioned

Quote:
The voice dubbing was kinda stupid at times especially in the first few episodes

Did you ever hear some of the voice dubbing for Galactik Football, some of the worst and not just really the main characters, but mostly extras.

mesona
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

21 Sep 2011, 9:04 pm

Maybe we finally get the past of Aelita and her father? What X.A.N.A stands for and who the men in black were or a better a question why X.A.N.A never went online.

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2011, 7:17 pm

I used to watch it when I was younger, and I would ask for another season too, then go back and watch the story from start to finish. But yea I wonder what it will be about since Xana is gone and the supercomputer... So I've heard