Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

Awkwardphase
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Jul 2011, 9:42 am

I have recently been prescribed new anxiety medications, Zoloft and Risperdal. I have read bad things about these two medications and was wanting to know if there worth trialing.
My anxiety has always been servere i suffer extreme hypertension, bruxism and migraines.
I have been on several medications in the past but have not had any success.
Fluoxitene
Citalopram
nortriptyline
moclobemide
Olanzapine
Venlafaxine
Temazepam
Diazepam
Clonazepam
Seroquel

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 10:07 am

Risperdal - terrible for me.

Clonazepam works best for me but it's on your "bad" list.

Also I was given either Ativan or Xanax at the hospital once after extreme panic attacks and it worked well.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 5:49 am

Awkwardphase wrote:
I have recently been prescribed new anxiety medications, Zoloft and Risperdal. I have read bad things about these two medications and was wanting to know if there worth trialing.
My anxiety has always been servere i suffer extreme hypertension, bruxism and migraines.
I have been on several medications in the past but have not had any success.
Fluoxitene
Citalopram
nortriptyline
moclobemide
Olanzapine
Venlafaxine
Temazepam
Diazepam
Clonazepam
Seroquel

I've been on most of those meds, and am on two of them now, although my taking of them is generally sporadic and largely seasonal.

One med that some have found helpful for anxiety is pregabalin. It's prescribed for Generalised Anxiety Disorder, although that's not what it was developed for originally.

The SSRI's and SSNI's I have found to make anxiety much worse, and I blame Venlafaxine for a lot of my social phobia issues. And Temaz and Diaz are next to useless after a very short time.

Have you tried any herbal remedies at all? Or homeopathic? I know they're not so popular on wp, but I've found some useful.

Passion flower, chamomile, lavendar, valerian and others can all be useful. Although I'd recommend seeing a qualified medical herbalist and pharmacist before taking any herbs if you are on other meds. As although they are natural, they can still be powerful and interact with your current pills.

Good luck.

pratchettfan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

31 Jul 2011, 7:15 pm

Henbane wrote:
The SSRI's and SSNI's I have found to make anxiety much worse, and I blame Venlafaxine for a lot of my social phobia issues.

+1. I had a terrible time on those.