Do you believe in the Spirit World?

Page 1 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

30 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

Im a very strong believer that if you die with unresolved issues, or if you did not do such a good job with your life, then you remain as a spirit on this earth. I believe that spirits surround us everywhere you go, and they watch over us and try to protect us, I even believe that kharma is realy the working of the spirits, who see people do horrible thing sin life and in return the spirits do bad things to them, the same for good people, if someone does something good, then the spirits reward them by giving them a blessing. I also believe strongly that aanimals have spirits as well and also go to the spirit world and it is their spirits that surround us along with human sprits. Anyone else believe in spirits? or do you all think im crazy :lol:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 11:46 am

Belief, no matter how "very strong", proves nothing.

There exists no valid material evidence for anything resembling a "Spirit World". There is only a vast collection of persona experiences that were interpreted by people that had little or no understanding of reality.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 12:00 pm

I believe in the spirit world. I believe that there are spirits all around.

MasterJedi
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 12:01 pm

^^this and, no.

That is my spot, in an ever changing world, it is a single point of consistency. If my life were expressed as a function on a four dimensional Cartesian coordinate system, that spot, from the moment I first sat on it, would be 0-0-0-0.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 12:09 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
Im a very strong believer that if you die with unresolved issues, or if you did not do such a good job with your life, then you remain as a spirit on this earth. I believe that spirits surround us everywhere you go, and they watch over us and try to protect us, I even believe that kharma is realy the working of the spirits, who see people do horrible thing sin life and in return the spirits do bad things to them, the same for good people, if someone does something good, then the spirits reward them by giving them a blessing. I also believe strongly that aanimals have spirits as well and also go to the spirit world and it is their spirits that surround us along with human sprits. Anyone else believe in spirits? or do you all think im crazy :lol:

I'm not sure what I believe. Believe is too strong a word for most things I feel about spiritual/religious/othersuitableword concepts.

But I don't think there are spirits all around us that punish or reward us. I don't think it's about being punished for bad deeds, so much as moving away from the ideal state of being. I do have some feelings about the concept of karma. If I do believe in the existence of a soul, which I sometimes do, then my initial feeling is not of a single life, but more of reincarnation, different experiences, learning lessons, coming closer to perfection/enlightenment. Nature seems to work in cycles of birth life death rebirth, in the way that atoms are constantly moving between living and non living and back to living bodies. I agree that non-human animals are just as likely to have spirits/souls/whatever as humans, I don't differentiate between us.

Anyway, I'm waffling now. So I'll stop.

universeofone
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

30 Jul 2011, 12:11 pm

No.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 12:13 pm

I do not believe in a "Spirit World", as there is none to believe in.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 1:00 pm

I have two choices when it comes to this topic.

1) believe in spirits/energies/entities.
2) believe I have a disorder that makes me see things that aren't there.

Since 2 has been proven to not be the case for me, I can really only pick 1.

I don't really like the word 'believe', though. Mostly, when I use it it's to convey something to another with minimal difficulty/explanation.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:02 pm

I thought you meant something different by spirit world.

My beliefs are that we all existed as spirits before this world was created. There was a great fight and 1/3 of the souls followed Satan into misery and outer darkness. The remaining souls chose to go to earth, therefore everyone who was born chose to live on earth. When we die, I think that people who were good people and lived a good life will go to spirit paradise and everyone else will go to spirit prison. There will be missionary work in Prison and in Paradise (otherwise known as heaven and hell). This is going on now and will continue on until judgement day. That day, everyone wil be judged and be placed into one of the three spiritual degrees of glory: Celestial, telestial, and terrestrial.

This is what I believe, (and since this is not PPR, can ya'll not try to start a fight about it).

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:11 pm

damn spirits all around. they watch you poop, they watch you masturbate, they float in your morning oatmeal. spirits spirits everywhere!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

you guys are adorable!

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:14 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
I thought you meant something different by spirit world.

My beliefs are that we all existed as spirits before this world was created. There was a great fight and 1/3 of the souls followed Satan into misery and outer darkness. The remaining souls chose to go to earth, therefore everyone who was born chose to live on earth. When we die, I think that people who were good people and lived a good life will go to spirit paradise and everyone else will go to spirit prison. There will be missionary work in Prison and in Paradise (otherwise known as heaven and hell). This is going on now and will continue on until judgement day. That day, everyone wil be judged and be placed into one of the three spiritual degrees of glory: Celestial, telestial, and terrestrial.

This is what I believe, (and since this is not PPR, can ya'll not try to start a fight about it).

I find the theology of your church very interesting. I've got quite a few books on it (I studied theology at university). I don't think you should be afraid to share your beliefs, we're all entitled to speak our minds, and I like people who are willing to share their ideas and thoughts with others in a friendly and respectful way.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:16 pm

Fortunately, beliefs prove nothing.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:25 pm

Henbane wrote:
I find the theology of your church very interesting. I've got quite a few books on it (I studied theology at university). I don't think you should be afraid to share your beliefs, we're all entitled to speak our minds, and I like people who are willing to share their ideas and thoughts with others in a friendly and respectful way.

Thank you. It is an intriguing subject, just very controversial. Ooo, what books? That'd be interesting to know! I usually am not, but I am weary here on WP because of the past...every time I used to bring it up I'd be criticized and such. I never intend to be mean or annoying or whatever, but sometimes it is interpreted that way.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:26 pm

Fnord wrote:
Fortunately, beliefs prove nothing.

Ok, but the topic was do you believe ...and I shared what I believe. Unless someone tells me otherwise, that is on topic.

Henbane
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
Henbane wrote:

Thank you. It is an intriguing subject, just very controversial. Ooo, what books? That'd be interesting to know! I usually am not, but I am weary here on WP because of the past...every time I used to bring it up I'd be criticized and such. I never intend to be mean or annoying or whatever, but sometimes it is interpreted that way.

Well this isn't PPR, it's not a debate forum, so there's no need for criticism of others' beliefs here. That's what I feel anyway.

I'll pm you the book titles, on the morrow. My brain is sleepy at the moment. :)

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

30 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

Henbane wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
Henbane wrote:

Well this isn't PPR, it's not a debate forum, so there's no need for criticism of others' beliefs here. That's what I feel anyway.

I'll pm you the book titles, on the morrow. My brain is sleepy at the moment. :)

Indeed. I feel that way too.

Ok. :P Good night.