Ever feel like you where born in the wrong time period?

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

CryptoNerd
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

28 Mar 2016, 9:15 am

Also, there's this thing called punctuation. I think you should use it. I don't mean to nitpick, but your OP is literally one gigantic run-on sentence.

TheSpectrum
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 9:17 am

CryptoNerd wrote:
"Blah blah blah. I'm not like other men. Blah blah blah. Women should date me because I'm chivilrous. Blah blah blah. Why don't they like me? I want to go back to the nineteenth century when women were considered inferior."

That's all I got from the OP.

Perhaps it could be argue some of us were born 1000 years too early, as our superior mindsets on life dictate so?

Granted, this is a type of thread seen many times before.
But, love is a frustrating thing, not bound by logic or sensibility.
Learning to recognise that and appreciate it in others is IMO a good first step if positive influence is to prevail.
(TL;DR - are you here to help people and listen, or just shoot down every "nice guy" with equally miserable posts?)

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 9:24 am

It's probably a biased thing to say but i'm glad in some ways that I grew up in the 90's, as Britpop music was the thing! gadgets and technology were becoming more and more advanced ect.

However in other ways, I share old fashioned views when it comes to relationships and I feel as if I wanted to exist in a time where people had manners and were polite towards one another and people were generally respectable and I feel that has been lost and is non existent now. I don't like how people treat relationships like a joke either, I believe in the traditional marriage and kids, if of course if it's with the right person

I would like to be in a time where theirs equality between men and women but a time where people weren't solely fixated on using their phones 24/7 or computers and people had good manners.

I really don't know what time would've suited me but then I feel as if whatever time I exist in, I don't belong with humanity anyway.

sorrowfairiewhisper
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2016, 9:37 am

TurreticStorm wrote:
anyone else feel like there out of place in this time period? ive heard people say chivalry is dead but is there any other guys out there who have honor? that may be a redicules word to most men but to guys like me it carrys alot of weight opening doors for women and paying for there meal is just a small part of it of being a chivalrous and honorable man call me sexist all u want but i believe women should be protected by men not because they are weaker or lesser then men in alot of ways women are stronger then men but because women should be respected and deserve a man that will give them a sence of security most men in this day and age are ideots that see women as sexual objects to be used then discarded and they dont understand how destructive that kind of mentality is it causes a riple effect that continues a cycle of imorality, suffering and lies one of the bigest parts of a relationship now is trust honesty is a rare thing in this day and age because lieing is so common some people even beleive there own lies women nowdays get used and beat down by these cowardly men that they cant trust men at all and start turning to other women for intimacy marrage used to be one of the most sacred of traditions but now people get married on a whim without even realy knowing who there partner realy is and once the truth starts to come out it all turns for the worst and some people try to endour it they blind themselves to the disfunction and later on after they have a kid or 2 they cant take it anymore so they get a divorce which continues the cycle of destruction teaching the child that it doesnt have to take responsibility for its own actions and causing abandonment isues so that child will grow into an adult with the idea that if he gets a girl pregnant he doesnt have to take responsability for his creation he can just run away and leave that girl to take care of a child by herself and the cycle continues to spiral downward this cycle is somthing i want no part of so i look to the old way when men protected there familys and were honest and honorable and that is why i am out of place in this time i talk to other men and they laugh and see my honor as a weakness when i see there lack of honor as the greatest weakness and most destructive force in this sociaty.

Well said and I agree!
I believe that a women should look after her man and be their for him just like a man should look after his lady.
Wish more men thought like you.