Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 9:32 am

Drawing from the principles of Mindfulness my life continies to be much more enjoyable.

I would be interested to hear from others with AS who have been helped by Mindfulness.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

31 Jul 2011, 10:11 am

It's been a life changing experience for me. I'm able to deal with my extreme anxiety and depression in a much calmer way. I'm also feeling other emotions that I typically don't experience. I'm more balanced in my emotional life. I speak about my journey in my blog that's listed in my profile. :)

anomie
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Aug 2011, 9:22 am

serenity, I looked in your profile but could not see anything about a blog.

i practise meditation as much as i can but at the moment that is not very much. i just make myself sit on a cushion for 5 mins a day and if I spend 30 seconds of that in something like a meditative state i feel it is a good day's effort.

what i mean by a meditative state is being fully concentrated on the givens such as sounds and bodily feelings rather than spending my time creating thoughts.

i believe we create ourselves by thinking, and i am trying to have periods of rest from doing that where no self is being created.

computers have a "system idle process" which is a way of them keeping going when they have no set task to do. my goal in practising meditation is to develop a good system idle process. at the moment what my brain does when it has no set task is to think negative self-critical thoughts at such a rate that is makes me tired.

serenity
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:47 am

I'm not sure why my blog isn't showing in my profile, but I'll just add it to my signature.

I have trouble finding time to meditate, too. I also find that if I just set out a few minutes/seconds a few times through out the whole day that it is effective in helping me to be more mindful and calm. It helps me to deal with anxiety and depression. It has truly transformed my life and relationships. My life used to be consumed with dealing with my anxiety and ending up in terrible depression, but now I feel calmer than I ever have.

quaker
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 12:23 pm

Thank you both for sharing yr thoughts.....have either of you been inspired by anyone particular on yr mindfulness journey?