Page 1 of 2 [ 23 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

smoogie
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Sep 2006, 2:39 pm

Is it not unknown for people with AS and Autism to write stories? I am working on one at the moment and have also read other books by people with AS!

What about everyone else, who likes to write stories?

Hazard
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

03 Sep 2006, 2:47 pm

Well, aspies tend to be creative, so story writing is a form of expressing creativity. I used to write stories but recently I haven't been able to find inspiration for a good plot.

jimservo
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2006, 3:56 pm

Hazard wrote:
Well, aspies tend to be creative, so story writing is a form of expressing creativity. I used to write stories but recently I haven't been able to find inspiration for a good plot.

Me too. Although I didn't write very many stories. I started and stopped alot. I used to think maybe I could write a novel but I've basically given up on that. I can't think up the normal "chit-chat" that goes on between characters in novels/stories at all. I have completed a few silly short stories in which I didnt need to worry about "chit-chat" or "normal" emotions.

mysteriouslyabsent
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

03 Sep 2006, 4:19 pm

I do, I'm reasonably good at it I think, a few of my short stories that I wrote in school kind of blew the teachers away it was so much better than everyone elses. I've always loved reading books, usually quite advanced ones for my age and I am good with language so I guess for me it sort of come naturally. I create stories in my head all the time and I have one or two that I am writing evey now and again, the main problem being to find the time and motivation to sit down and write/finish them. :)

MomofTom
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2006, 4:28 pm

I've rediscovered writing for the first time in over 12 years. Like other people who have posted here, I have a hard time coming up with a story line. The one that finally was good enough to go off of involved a dream I had and a dose of real events. The fiction of the story is in getting from Point A to Point B. However, making up a complete story from thin air just isn't my thing.

TheBladeRoden
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2006, 5:10 pm

I would write more if I warn't so slow at it.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

03 Sep 2006, 9:21 pm

I love to write, and I'm told I'm good at it.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

04 Sep 2006, 12:38 pm

I've written stories ever since i can remember and i've always meant to be a writer, infact i'm going to uni at the end of september to study creative writing. Yay!! ! I have one completed novel to date and numerous short stories, but no publications.....yet!

TigerFire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2006, 1:58 pm

I've written novels to the beginning to end. I've written four already. I've just started writing my fifth one.

gsilver
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2006, 2:51 pm

I, and the guy, while high

"I", said I, to the guy,
"ask why should I"
"Should I?", said the guy,
"why should I get high?"
"Get high?", said the guy
"To the sky," said I
"If I get high"
said I, "then what if I should die?"

"Get high", said the guy
"To the sky", said I
"I would ask you why?"
"For to die", said the guy
"while high?", said I
"in the sky, so high"
"I would ask you why"
"I am high", said the guy
"Will you die?", said I
"Why?"
"For to die, while high"
"That would make me cry"
"I am high, and I still fly"
"Then perhaps I, while high"
"may fly?", said the guy
"may fly", said I

So I and the guy got high.

"I", said I
to the guy, while high
"still wonder why"
"If I, while high"
"get high, than I"

"You are really really high"
said the guy to I
while high in the sky

So I, and the guy
were high, in the sky
so high, that I
and the guy did not know why
For I, and the guy
were high, so high
in the sky that we did not know why

(no drugs were consumed during the creation of this post)

Corcovado
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2006, 3:03 pm

I like to write, and have been told I'm good at it.

I'd like to be a writer, but I also choke at the story line, so I have decided to write non fiction. Find a theme I want to know more about, then do research ( I love research) and write about the things I find in an interesting way. Historical stuff.

Problem now is to find themes. And where to do research.

I have a quite famous relative, my great-grand-mothers sister, who I think I will begin with. Try to find out more about her at least. And that side of the family.

Malaclypse
Raven
Raven

04 Sep 2006, 4:52 pm

Oh! I love to write! I'm so-so at it, though, especially when it comes to describe social situations. I find my ability to be corny at best. It seems to me that I've always been reluctant to participate in the "human game", i.e. the play people put on, the charade they play in life even though they know fully well that what isn't being said is really what's intended, or everyone knows it's there but they choose to ignore it because it's not nice... things like that; sorry, but I detest that! I want subjective truth instead, so because of this reluctance, I've never learned to participate in those deeper dialogues between people which we can find described in PKD's works, for one.
If I write and it's good then it has to be something technical, some cool idea, like science fiction "what if"s and the like.
And a writer also writes best by drawing from his/her own experiences, so seeing as I have very little of those too, I guess I suck at describing adventurous situations.
But there are some good news though! I do deep monologues and dialogues where people reason with each other pretty well. Like Plato's texts. And sometimes I get good ideas for worlds containing potential for lots of adventures and cool ideas. I'm working on and off on one right now. Think Aldous Huxley's Island, only in amateur style. Not that much adventure; more like describing a world for a purpose, like an instruction manual (which it was intended to be).

Oh, and gsilver, I laughed a good deal at that getting high poem. Nice one! :-D

SpaceCase
Veteran
Veteran

04 Sep 2006, 7:33 pm

I am the most creative person I know and I am GREAT at writing stories,songs,and poems.

-SpaceCase :D

05 Sep 2006, 12:16 am

I love to write. I even want to write a book about myself but unfortunitly I don't know everything about my childhood my mom knows and she gets defensive when I ask her some things about it like when I asked her why did doctors think I'd be institutionalized by the time I'm ten and asking her why did she think me understanding "stop that teasing" means stop teasing not the teasing your doing and she got defensive and started yelling and screaming at me and her face was red. She knew I was literal back then too but to her it means 'stop teasing' not 'stop THAT tease.'

EDIT: I write fiction too. I used to write stories about my cat back when I was 10 but it was upsetting my mother because it had too much bullying in it so i stopped writing them. She'd yell at me about it and say "Why can't you make it a happy story, not a sad one?"

I write unusual stories. Right now I'm writing a story about a girl with incontinece and she gets teased and bullied in school and her school principal picks on her by not helping her and she doesn't like her either because she isn't normal enough.

rpm2004
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 2:16 am

The only story I've ever written that wasn't a school assignment was about a purple Linguini man from a different dimension

needless to say I didn't win any pulitzers

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

05 Sep 2006, 7:20 am

I used to write stories when I was younger, but none of them made sense.