Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 8:55 pm

Anyone else extremely disappointed by the recent news on Diablo III? Looks like my money's going to Torchlight 2. :P

Can't say I was very surprised though, since it is Blizzard we're talking about.

BearSalad
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2011, 5:43 pm

dunbots wrote:
Anyone else extremely disappointed by the recent news on Diablo III? Looks like my money's going to Torchlight 2. :P

Can't say I was very surprised though, since it is Blizzard we're talking about.

In regards to the D3 Item auction house for real world cash, I think it's pretty dumb, but I don't really care as long as it makes D3 a guaranteed F2P Game, because they will be taking a % of cash from the players, so we'll see how it adds up.

Now with the Internet connection even to play single player? That makes me a rage a bit.
Part of the awesomeness of this game was being able to play it literally anywhere as long as I had battery power or a plug-in for my Laptop.

I'll still be playing this game regardless of what they do to it, and who knows maybe i'll make a few bucks off of this auction house

:)

kraelik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2011, 5:58 pm

I don't understand why everyone is getting crazy about this AH thing. If you don't want to use it, then don't use it! I think people just need to find some fault with every game that comes out. If I had a nickel for every time someone told me they were going to quit WoW over a proposed change and then didn't, I would have a Bill Gates amount of money.

/gets on soapbox

Needing to be online while you play a solo campaign is dumb, but I feel it is a necessary evil. The Diablo series is still one of the most pirated in the world. Blizzard has reportedly spent upwards of $50mil already on developing D3. SC2 cost them over $100mil to make. They needs to make sure people are buying legit copies.

/gets off soapbox

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 7:56 pm

kraelik wrote:
/gets on soapbox

Needing to be online while you play a solo campaign is dumb, but I feel it is a necessary evil. The Diablo series is still one of the most pirated in the world. Blizzard has reportedly spent upwards of $50mil already on developing D3. SC2 cost them over $100mil to make. They needs to make sure people are buying legit copies.

/gets off soapbox

According to them, it's not about piracy, rather they think everyone's going to cheat on their character and ruin the multiplayer portion for everyone else. Rather than taking precautions, like anti-cheating measures, or just having a separate single- and multiplayer character, they make you play online all the time so they can keep an eye on you. :P

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 4:40 am

it will be pirated just as fast as anything else, more comlicated systems have been.

i do like the idea of keeping multiplayer balanced as it got ridicoulous in d2

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

04 Aug 2011, 7:53 pm

Probably 99% of my solo Diablo 2 play was online, and I don't really mind it. I do think the option to play offline should be available.

I don't care about the auction house. In Diablo 1 and 2, people were farming items and selling them for cash via third-party sites, so there's no reason for Blizzard to not centralize that. My issue is that if you can farm for items that sell for real money that:

* account hacking will be a big thing, as with WoW
* If you do not play your D2 account for 90 days, it gets wiped. I would hope this is not the case with D3.