Anyone else here watch ANCIENT ALIENS on Histoy chanel?

Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

01 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

Its very SHOCKING, anyone?

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

01 Aug 2011, 10:28 pm

No, but that sounds like something I would watch when I get bored.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 12:46 am

I watched that a couple weeks ago. Quite amazing actually! What did you think about it--do you think they are on to something or that it is all pretty much stretching the limits?

I never really thought about it before, but when you think of it....it is kind of hard to imagine that with basically 0 technology they were able to build things that lasted longer than ANYTHING from today will last.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Panic
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

03 Aug 2011, 1:00 am

littlelily613 wrote:
I watched that a couple weeks ago. Quite amazing actually! What did you think about it--do you think they are on to something or that it is all pretty much stretching the limits?

I never really thought about it before, but when you think of it....it is kind of hard to imagine that with basically 0 technology they were able to build things that lasted longer than ANYTHING from today will last.

walk with me

donnie_darko
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 1:20 am

Yes, I love it.

OtaBenga
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

03 Aug 2011, 1:24 am

I find it amusing. Sometimes I get sucked in and start to think it's possible, then I come out of it and realize it's just science fiction writers trying to justify religious stories.

kraelik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

03 Aug 2011, 1:26 am

My roommate has been watching it like a fiend. I have caught a few episodes with him through Netflix. Interesting stuff!

Beauty_pact
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 4:42 am

I've probably watched every episode of it... that has been shown in Sweden, anyway.

I loved the part, especially, when Egyptian hieroglyphics told how they had moved the stones by spreading a powder on them, and writing on a scroll, on them, afterwards, and the stones became light. Maybe it was some sort of nano technology that aliens had given to them, because they certainly had had contact with aliens, without a doubt.

The part where you can see marks from mechanical, huge saw blades, on perfectly cut stones, was kind of telling, also, of how faulty the general perception is on how various structures in Egypt were built (as one example).

Raymond_Fawkes
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 6:11 am

I may have seen it, but it's a very interesting subject. I believe that in ancient times, the world was more organized and was controlled more readily. Many religions base their theology on ancient Sumerian teachings, as a result modern theology has become ubiquitous with different meanings but still the same origin. Lots of question marks exist to how underwater cities appear off the coast of Japan and in the Caribbean. Technology thousands of years ago was astonishing. For instance, Antikythera mechanism found off Greece dates back to 100bc , but yet it's more complex, more intricate than a Swiss watch. It's amazing looking at history, It fascinates me.

littlelily613
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 3:11 pm

OtaBenga wrote:
I find it amusing. Sometimes I get sucked in and start to think it's possible, then I come out of it and realize it's just science fiction writers trying to justify religious stories.

There is no proof either way. One episode showed that scientists had attempted to replicate some of the structures exactly using modern technology and were unable to.

EQ=8 SQ=93 (Extreme Systemizer)
Alexithymia Quiz=164/185 (high)

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:53 pm

Panic wrote:
Anyone else here watch ANCIENT ALIENS on History channel?

No, I prefer the SyFy channel - at least they don't try to depict fantasy as fact.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

Fnord wrote:
Panic wrote:
Anyone else here watch ANCIENT ALIENS on History channel?

No, I prefer the SyFy channel - at least they don't try to depict fantasy as fact.

:lol: