Page 3 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

All in all I am an excellent driver with no points on my record. I make sure I don't speed, wear my seatbelt and make sure the sticker on my tag is up to date. The only issue I have is with multitasking but overall I am better at driving than the average person.

I never drive under the influences of any substances, either.

I manage to avoid pitfalls by following a few simple guidelines.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 12:48 pm

MakaylaTheAspie wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
I don't drive just because it was a family rule until I was 17 and now I am too attached to my bike.

Ugh... Can't stand my bike anymore!
\

Why? I love my bike.

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 8:00 pm

I don`t drive because honestly, I`m scared of cars and can`t see too well.

rpcarnell
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Aug 2011, 7:06 am

I don't drive because I have poor concentration, and I am afraid I will crash my car and end up in a hospital, or worse.

Pazza
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

14 Aug 2011, 7:40 am

It took me about ten years and six diffrent driving schools befor I past my test, finally passing in an automatic with the AA driving school. A good instructor can make all the diffrence.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 8:51 am

I can't even walk down a flight of unfamiliar stairs without thinking I am going to fall over, let alone drive (I have suspected dyspraxia).

HK416N
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

14 Aug 2011, 1:30 pm

my driving is good.. sure as hell have a lot of fun with it

dunno why to feel bad when others suck at it anyway
they just stand there, dont decide when to go at a xroads
takes forever and they look so stupid staring at other drivers staring back at them

ffs drive will ya

Forest_Faery
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

14 Aug 2011, 1:45 pm

I never drive always being driven most times by a bf an sumtimes by dad and they all suxs at it anyways

Im gonna get a cool beetle pink probs and be sik as :cat: :cat: :cat: :cat:

cozysweater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 1:54 pm

I got my license at 16 but didn't really learn to drive until I was 25 (lived in the city and didn't need to drive). I've gotten a lot better at it but I'm still not comfortable. I usually ride my bike because I can ride on trails or bike paths most of the time. (plus it's a lot more fun)
I jump at every opportunity to have someone else do the driving.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 1:58 pm

Driving has actually become my profession. I have a Class A commercial license and 2 years experience driving 18 Wheelers. Now that is an experience sitting up high in a 70ft vehicle.

The thing about Big Trucks is most of the highway driving, long trips, and delivering to warehouses isn't to unreasonable stressful. But plunging in towards places like Newark, Atlanta, or D.C. takes patience and focus.

I have used a Laptop/GPS kit to prepare me and trip plan, but still it's a crazy job and after 2 years I finally got out of it.

I will say I had to be very determined and focused to pass the tests to get a CDL. It took 3 tries to finally get through the course and driving skills test. Also I had to learn how to shift a 10 speed.

mimsytheborogove
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

14 Aug 2011, 10:57 pm

I'm a pretty ok driver. Though I do struggle in traffic sometimes; I tend to not realize just how fast the person in front of me is stopping and have to hit the brakes pretty hard sometimes (not screeching tires or anything, just laptop bag flying off the passenger's seat :-) )

When there's no traffic though, I love to drive. Fast. I don't usually speed, I just like that little g force feeling when you pull away from the stoplight too quickly.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2011, 11:16 pm

I passed my driving test the first time a few days ago, and my dad bought me a car yesterday. I'm really looking forward to driving myself to school, I always hated riding the bus.

gc1ceo

19 Aug 2011, 6:36 pm

Anxiety for me, I can freeze up very easily, I tried driving lessons years ago and I did -ok- but then again I had an instructor in the next step who had his own brake pedal. I was most comfortable when I was out on long country roads with little or no traffic, but got very nervous when we started to hit traffic, get into town, have to do alot of steering, traffic lights, etc.