Do you have trouble finding your car?

Page 2 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 4:43 pm

I'm having trouble finding a car to buy that isn't excessively overpriced.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 5:12 pm

Sometimes. I just have to remember where I park, what floor level, what lane, what store I park in front of, if I park near a cart return or elevator. I can easily tell which one is my car just by the type of car it is and the paint peeling off the back and the color. You can also go by license plate too.

The longest I think it ever took me was 20 minutes and that was in Spokane. I even though for a moment someone stole my car. But I decided to double check to make sure so I don't make myself look stupid when I call the police. I found it later and made sure after that I pay better attention at what level I park my car on when I park in the parking garage. I have even had to go up on each floor in my town and look for my car because I couldn't remember what level I parked it on but I remembered I parked it right near the elevator so I checked each area near one and found it.

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 6:12 pm

I've had those instances where I wonder if my car was stolen too. Sometimes I panic a little when I can't find mine.

The worst experience I've ever had was at the airport. I dropped someone off to catch a flight and completely forgot what level in the parking garage I parked my car. Parking garages are the worst with their many layers and sprawl. I needed to pee, too which made finding the car more urgent. I knew once I got in my car and sat down, I could hold it til I got home.

I finally found the car but it took a while. Now I make sure to do things differently, especially in a parking garage. I make sure I notice what level I am on.

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Aug 2011, 6:25 pm

Our local shopping centre has 2 car parks and you have to walk through the shopping centre to go from one car park to the other. Sometimes I forget which one I parked in so I have a lot of walking to do!

I got another car a few months ago, and keep going to wrong cars. I once tried to unlock the wrong car with my key and I couldn't work out why it wouldn't unlock. It wasn't my car, same colour but not my car. Not even the same type of car :oops: My son finds it hilarious. I think I just look at the colour of the car. I used to look at number plates, but got out of the habit when I got this car because I couldn't remember it.

y-pod
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 7:08 pm

I mostly go by colors, too. That's partially the reason I can't find them sometimes. Our bluegray car looks different colors in different lights. The time we were lost at the zoo the car we borrowed was maroon, and by nightfall it looked nearly black under those lights.

I actually have trouble finding my DH in large stores sometimes. I accuse him of looking too typical. :D That's partially the reason I carry a cell phone at all (I absolutely hate phone calls), to find him or the car.

WhoKnowsWhy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2011, 9:00 pm

Yes. I can usually remember what side of the parking lot my car is on, but that's about it.

EB
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Aug 2011, 9:34 pm

I don't have a car but to help with this I learned to reconizge my parent's car's licence plate on sight (I can't and wont read off what it is but if I saw it I'd know it). The car is a silver/gray vanish thing like everyone else's by the way.

Blasty
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 1:49 am

A red convertible Camaro isn't that hard to spot... :lol:

When I borrowed my mom's silver Toyota Camry during one winter, I always had to look at the plate to make sure I'd found the right car. I tend to remember cars by the plate number rather than the make and model, unless it's a very distinct car. That's just how my mind works.

piroflip
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Aug 2011, 2:01 am

Yes, I do have trouble finding my car even after making a mental note where it is.
I also put bunches of keys down and forget where they are.

persian85033
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 8:52 am

Once, I actually almost got in the wrong car, before I realized it. Well, more than once, actually. One time, I was waiting for my parents by a different car, before they came and asked me what I was doing there that they were waiting for me. Another, I almost got into the wrong car when I realized it wasn't my mom in the driver's seat, but someone I didn't know.

"Of all God's creatures, there is only one that cannot be made slave of the leash. That one is the cat. If man could be crossed with the cat it would improve the man, but it would deteriorate the cat." - Mark Twain

spiders
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Aug 2011, 5:06 pm

persian85033 wrote:
Once, I actually almost got in the wrong car, before I realized it. Well, more than once, actually. One time, I was waiting for my parents by a different car, before they came and asked me what I was doing there that they were waiting for me. Another, I almost got into the wrong car when I realized it wasn't my mom in the driver's seat, but someone I didn't know.

Hahaha I did that once too. It was so embarrassing. And as I was getting in the car I was wondering why there was stuff in the car I did not recognise. Then I looked at the driver and the look on their face was priceless, mine probably was too :lol: