Page 1 of 1 [ 15 posts ] 

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

02 Aug 2011, 7:46 pm

I am asexual as some know, but I was wondering if a marriage without sex was possible? I am like many people and wish for a life partner, but just not into sex part of it. I thought I was going to be an autie spinster the rest of my life, in fact I have the spinning wheel. But I got to thinking about the number of aspies and auties that are asexual. Are there others like me that want a life partner, just minus the sex??

tell me what you think?

Jojo

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 9:11 pm

I would love a life partner minus sex, and in a perfect world none of my partners would be sexual. My ideal relationship is nonsexual. I'm not opposed to compromise however.

Still someone who actually understands my feelings towards sex would be nice. v_v

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 9:18 pm

I think so long as both partners are equally asexual, and do other bonding stuff together like cuddling and things, it could work.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

Location: In Georgia sipping a virgin pina' colada while the rest of the world is drunk

02 Aug 2011, 9:42 pm

Spazzergasm wrote:
I think so long as both partners are equally asexual, and do other bonding stuff together like cuddling and things, it could work.

cuddles are okay....sex=not cool.
In all my relationships, all I really wanted was a devoted friend. I want to share my life with someone but not have the sexual part. When I was younger, I would just put out to have a friend, but as I got older, I realized that I am really not into all that.

The whole part of growing old with someone sounds great, just not in bed.
Matter of fact, I would want my own room. I have a need for my own space.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 9:45 pm

Girl, if only you were Canadian. D:

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 10:05 pm

The way things are going in the US...I might be finding anouther country anyway.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 10:14 pm

Yeah, I heard about all that debt nonsense.

Though our government isn't perfect either. Stephen Harper is an idiot, but compared to the competition, he's the most competent of the idiots. :\

I suggest moving to Sweden, apperently their economy's good. :P

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 10:33 pm

Dont you love it when you have to chose between the least incompitent instead of the most intelegent and reasonable??

Mom wants to go to Ireland, my great grandfather was an imigrant from there.
Sweeden sounds nice.
I looked into France but their imigration policies are very strict. Basicly you have to have a special skill that is useful for them.
I am a fiber artist...I dont think that would count.

There is more going on in the US than just childish politians...the tea party which is basicly neo-nazi are positioning them selves to take over....eeek.
I have been known to get along well with Canadians though.

Jonsi
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 10:58 pm

Last election it was idiot who wants to disband the military versus idiot who doesn't know how to spend money. Despise it, I do. I chose the moneyspender.

I'm very obviously Irish, I have the red hair, crazy alcohol tolerance and the family background that so characterizes us. :P I would love to go to Ireland as a result.

We'll get along with anyone who is willing to make peace. :D

And I know this is dragging the thread off topic but what is fiber artistry? Edit: looked it up, that's really cool! The French would be crazy not to want that kinda talent there.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

02 Aug 2011, 11:28 pm

Yes it's possible. I remember one WP member who said they were in an asexual relationship.

Maybe you could look for a partner in Sweden or Canada, that'd be a plus. Just imagine, all of us Americans wanting to immigrate away from this country. Strange when you think about it and yet we still have the ole' patriotic Americans who think this is the best country in the world.

dougn
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 3:51 am

Here is an article from the Guardian about an actual asexual marriage.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 4:58 am

i would love an asexual marrage too.
i iz a cuddle-slut (male) though, so it's not a physical thing; i'm also not really opposed to having sex, it's just that i dont really feel the need to.

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

03 Aug 2011, 10:07 am

There are more than a few asexuals out there who want things like marriage however they are harder to find because asexuality gets a lot less attention than other orientations & there's stereotypes that asexuals are anti-romantic. I would suggest trying the asexual dating friendship site Ace-Book. I used it for a couple years but left because I changed some & no longer really fit in with the asexual community there but it has been a very good site & community to me~ http://www.ace-book.net/

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

Gaya
Toucan
Toucan

03 Aug 2011, 7:13 pm

One of my best friends, who probably isn't on the autism spectrum, also wishes for a long-term romantic relationship that is asexual. There are many asexual people who still want the companionship of a committed relationship. There's nothing unrealistic or wrong about that; I just imagine it's harder for people with asexuality as a sexual orientation to find each other.

jojobean
Veteran
Veteran

03 Aug 2011, 9:31 pm

Jonsi wrote:
Last election it was idiot who wants to disband the military versus idiot who doesn't know how to spend money. Despise it, I do. I chose the moneyspender.

I'm very obviously Irish, I have the red hair, crazy alcohol tolerance and the family background that so characterizes us. :P I would love to go to Ireland as a result.

We'll get along with anyone who is willing to make peace. :D

And I know this is dragging the thread off topic but what is fiber artistry? Edit: looked it up, that's really cool! The French would be crazy not to want that kinda talent there.

thank you for the compliments. The french are teeming with unknown artists though.
If I was famous, that would be different,
Sounds like a mess there. Disbanding the military?? I heard of some countries doing that and putting all the funds into social programs. It works if you will never have any enemies...but I would think it would be like having a big "kick me" sign on your back.

I am northern Irish decendant with dark, nearly black curly hair and blue eyes and pale olive complexion.
I have not inherited the alcohol intollerance...mine is zip.
I am thinking about going into welding so I can have a marketable skill, due to all the painting and fine moter skills uses of my hands, I might be good at it. The math part, measuring and such, may be tricky because I am really bad at math. Measuring cant be too hard though. Just dont ask me to do algerbra and beyond.
What are your interests?

Everyone else...thanks for the sites...looks interesting, will study.

Jojo