does the americans with disabilities act protect against???

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Godless_lawyer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Aug 2011, 11:14 pm

oldmantime wrote:
Noisy neighbors? I live in a trailer park and am tired of listening to these kids slam and bang around next door. right now it's 11:30 at night and these brats and slamming and banging around. I've never had this much noise from kids next door before. not from the other people that have lived here. and something has to give.

Cops said they aren't noisy enough.

We own the house, but the lot is rented and the management's responsibility.

I don't know which other laws might be relevant, since I don't know where you live - but just because the police won't charge them doesn't mean their aren't options. If your municipality has a by-law enforcement division they may have the authority to do somethin. Alternatively, you might investigate ways you could pressure your management to do something about the situation.

As others have mentioned, the Americans with disabilities act is probably a non-starter, but if you feel your property manager has failed to reasonably accommodate your disability, you could look into making a complaint with the Department of Housing and Urban Development under the Fair Housing Act.

LostInSpace
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 10:06 pm

oldmantime wrote:
and are you talking about the silicone ear plugs? if so, those are too hard and usually damage the cartilage in my ears and do create suction if i have them in such a way as necessary to block sound well.

if not, please show me a link to what you are speaking of.

I don't know what material these are made of, but here is a link to the sort of ear plug I was thinking of:

Custom Molded Ear Plugs

I have seen things like this at the drugstore.