Do you wander when you get stressed out?

Page 2 of 2 [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:08 pm

I wander around the streets and parks of Langley, collecting pop cans when I get stressed out. That way, I have a good reason for wandering.

Tamsin
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Aug 2011, 6:13 am

Yes. One time I was so stressed out that I ended up running out into a busy street trying to chase down my mothers car. It's a wonder I wasn't hit.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 6:15 am

Yes, I like to wander off when I get stressed. I either go somewhere and chill out or, if another task needs doing and feel at least up to that, I will do it. The main thing for me is just to remove myself from other people when I am feeling stressed.

jayraytee
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

05 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

Growing up I would take off into the woods behind our house for hours. Now there is nowhere to go in my own house, so when I get stressed I go to bed. Or if I am out wawy from home I like to walk malls or parks, even if there are a lot of people there I can feel alone and I will walk until I get tired.

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

05 Aug 2011, 5:08 pm

I used to. When things got overwhelming, I'd take my dogs on late night strolls for hours on end much to the dissatisfaction of my wife. My wandering only contributed to our marital issues and it took years of her pleading with me to break that habit.

kx250rider
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

06 Aug 2011, 11:01 am

"Wander" in the literal sesnse, as in walk in an aimless direction; not in my case... I might make up something to do somewhere away from the source of the stress for a few minutes or hours, to collect my thoughts and figure out how best to handle whatever it is. But close to wandering, I will sometimes just get on my motorcycle and ride a few hours... Puts me in a clear mind and positive attitude every time :wink: . I can't call that wandering exactly, as I will have planned exactly where I might go, and for how long.

Charles

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 7:55 pm

YESSSSS! I thought I was the only one.
When I'm mad, I HAVE TO leave the house.
When I'm in a new and awkward situation, I try to look for a spot I can be alone and talk to myself to calm down.

davidalan11235813
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Aug 2011, 9:26 pm

Yes. I drive around and smoke when I'm too stressed out, often for several hours at a time.

kahlua
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Aug 2011, 5:42 am

Hotura wrote:
When me and my husband have an argument when I do things wrong. I either just shut down and block things out. Sometime I will just walk away from it and just stay away from him. He gets mad at me for that. There were a few times I literally took off from the house. :(

Same here. I will walk the streets for hours, in the heat\dark\cold, not wanting to return home.