Annoying neighors, how annoying are yours?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 1:37 am

Anyone here have neighbors you hate or find annoying or anything you do you just can't stand? Let's share it.

The ones below me used to play music so loud and a few times they woke me up in the middle of the night. One morning they woke me up at 5:30 AM and boy I was pissed. I have even knocked on their door a few times and they wouldn't answer. They either ignored it or couldn't hear it. I have even complained to the land lord too and all she did was talk to them. I have seen envelopes being left on their door by her so I wonder if that is her way of talking to them.

Now ever since I have had my baby, they now rarely play their music and one of them moved out. I don't know if he was the music player or if they both do it.

I have even wondered if they could hear my crying baby so that was like payback for them for their loud playing music :twisted:

Then next door to me the neighbors have had their TV blaring on high volume.

Next door to our apartment these neighbors have kids and they have woken me up with their screams at eight or seven in the morning so I slam the window closed. No complaint there because kids have every right to play outside and it was daytime, not late or five in the morning and they do get up early and I had the solution to the problem so I used it. I have used ear plugs too and fans blowing. This only happens in the summer or spring. I needed the fan blowing on me anyway to stay cool. But I sleep out in the living room now so I don't have that anymore. The odd thing is, I couldn't sleep though that noise but I can sleep through my husband getting up for work?

Twolf
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Aug 2011, 3:24 pm

Unfortunately I have tons of annoying neighbors. The ones next door have unruly kids that shout early in the morning. The various neighbor's kids will gather together and scream, run around, and play outside even though it's against the rules for them to do so (concrete walkways in complex). I worry someone is going to slip and get hurt. I guess it's too hard for the parents to take them to the park (they are in walking distance and in abundance around here).

The neighbor that lives upstairs sounds like she has a pack of elephants running around. Most people are unaware of how noisy they are. She chain smokes too and sometimes it gets in the house. It's a pain because I need the windows open to get cool air.

I have nothing against cats, but there are way too many cats roaming around at anytime unattended - another one against the rules. It gets mighty annoying to listen to the cat fights. I worry about them getting run over on the busy street in front of the complex. People should be keeping their cats indoors - they live longer, won't come down with feline leukemia or AIDs, and won't kill native songbirds (but this is another story and my feelings on the subject).

The worst is the strip of grass on the side of the complex. Everyone (and I mean everyone) lets their dog use it and they don't pick up! Disgusting.

The yelling is happening again as I'm typing this. I can't wait to get the hell out of here.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

We have a backyard neighbor and one to the side that both smoke.

The worst is when I'm riding my dad's stationary bike in the backyard and the backyard neighbor starts to smoke...I am A RUNNER I depend on my lungs as much as my legs...and that kills lungs....grrr :x

Our old neighbors were arrested and had parties all the time at night.

OneStepBeyond
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 6:15 pm

at the moment the only iffy one is someone using the place to deal drugs. which means a lot of shifty folk coming & going at all hours. doesnt really bother me though

i remember when we were little our neighbours built a massive fence because they didn't want me&my cousins talking to their grandchildren:(
they were nasty neighbours

blitzkrieg
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 8:15 pm

Doesn't sound like a very nice place you live in. D: My neighbours are really nice. I suppose I should count myself lucky.

rai
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2011, 8:43 pm

My neighbors got better. They used to party all the time, but after my SO talked to them on several occasions they've calmed down with the partying. Now it seems that they're apartment (it's right next door to ours), is a pre-club meet-up area on the weekends, which is a lot better than their post-club hang out when they're blare loud music till the sun came up...

BillyIdolFan217
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:54 pm

One of my neighbors talks and laughs so loud u can hear her from a mile away, and we live by 3 collage boys who can be loud sometimes, not not everyday. The worst is living by a highway I HATE that more than noisy neighbors! I don`t want noisy neighbors either though.

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:56 pm

i never see or hear my neighbors, they may as well be empty houses.

TUF
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:13 pm

My neighbour on one side has an awful voice. And she shouts every morning as she talks to people in her garden. My mum lives nearby and can hear her. My mum is deaf and has a regular house... she shouldn't be able to hear anything outside.

To get an idea of how annoying this neighbour's voice is, think of a duck who somehow manages to make vaguely human words...

Not the worse neighbour I ever had but one of the worst I ever had in a safe neighbourhood. (Another safe contender: I had one guy whose wife left him and he dealt with it by playing 'In the Jungle' by the Lion King loudly in a loop every night... the lion might have slept but nobody else did...)

My stepdad is a sort of neighbour but he's family so he doesn't count except that he always tells everyone in our family to be quiet. If other people are blasting their noise like that, they ought to be able to deal with me calling my cat in the mid morning or mid afternoon.

Prometheus18
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:58 pm

Smoking is banned indoors in my apartment block, so there's a group of guttersnipes outside permanently coughing and spitting. Dirty pigs.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 4:04 pm

The neighbors to the north play banda and mariachi music until late at night.

The neighbors to the east train dogs; the barking and the stink are awful.

The neighbors across the street own at least 7 trucks, and they're parked in every available spot on the street.

The neighbor to the west is the quiet type ... we haven't seen his wife in over a year.

Deemar
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2019, 4:20 pm

I had neighbours that partied until 4am every weekend, they were 2 incredibly loud younger guys. We share a common wall in a townhouse and at 7am one morning I heard a really loud bang and a lot of people running around inside with heavy boots. When I looked out the window there was SWAT everywhere with guns pointed at the house. The cops had broken down the door and were raiding the place, they took the 2 occupants out in handcuffs and I never saw them again after that. I can only guess they were gang related.

TW1ZTY
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 4:32 pm

We have an old pervert who likes to stare into bedroom windows at night and his wife threaten to shoot our dogs just because they bark at night. :(

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

11 Jan 2019, 9:46 pm

We have very thin walls & the neighbor on one side of us plays very heavy bass sometimes so bad we don't want to be downstairs & yells & curses out his 9year-old daughter a lot. The pervert also sleeps in the same bed as her & yells at her in the middle of the night to quit moving. The girl sometimes get hyper inside & runs around making the place bang & her dad usually starts yelling at her. We're trying to move cuz of this & are on waiting lists.

"Hear all, trust nothing"
~Ferengi Rule Of Acquisition #190
https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ru ... cquisition

IstominFan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 9:55 pm

There is one idiot who races his car up and down the street at night when people are trying to sleep. Dumb and dangerous!

Fireblossom
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2019, 6:10 am

Actually, my current ones aren't annoying at all. I mean sure, sometimes the hallway smells like cigarette smoke too much (someone's smoking in their apartment), sometimes dogs bark a bit too much, there are sounds of renovation etc. but never to the point that it would really bother me a lot. My neighbors aren't nosy either or anything; my interraction with them is pretty much limited to saying hello and such on the yard or the lobby if I happen to run in to them.

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the annoying neighbor in this building, listening to music too loudly or something, but I suppose not since I've lived here for almost four years and haven't gotten any complaints.