Am I too old to watch Batman: The Animated Series?

Page 1 of 1 [ 13 posts ] 

Laconvivencia
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 5:50 am

I am 20 years old, and I have been watching a few episodes of Batman: The Animated Series on the internet. I am a bit worried that I am a bit too old to watch it as cartoons are usually for kids.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 9:58 am

You're never too old to participate in something you enjoy.

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 10:12 am

seconded
Life is too short to worry about that.

Infoseeker
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

04 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

^ditto to the above....and to be add!

Watch Batman: Under The Red Hood awesome animated Batman movie!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1569923/

Jory
Veteran
Veteran

04 Aug 2011, 2:12 pm

First of all, you shouldn't feel ashamed for enjoying anything. (Unless you enjoy hurting other people or something.) Second, the animated series is more intelligent and mature than half the Batman movies that have been made.

neerdowell
Toucan
Toucan

04 Aug 2011, 4:30 pm

Batman The Animated Series is one of my all time favorite shows. No reason to feel ashamed for enjoying something.

REW
Butterfly
Butterfly

04 Aug 2011, 11:44 pm

Great show. Don't worry about other people's opinion too much. What you choose to watch on your own time is no ones business but yours.
Also that series was never aimed at children. The art and stories are very sophisticated.
Even if is was kids show no rules against growns ups watching it

kraelik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Aug 2011, 11:57 pm

Batman:TAS rules! Pretty much all the Batman cartoons are awesome! I'm 34 and I love them!

CyclopsSummers
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 2:37 pm

I agree with all tha uthaz. Besides, a lot of cartoons contain some subtleties which you only get to appreciate once you get a little older (usually inserted so that parents watching along with their kids can get something out of the toons, too.)

I hail from a comic book message board. Over there, people a lot older than you have ridiculous discussions about cartoons a lot less mature than Batman the Animated Series. Seriously.

angelik
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

11 Aug 2011, 6:04 am

I am so glad to see all of the positive replies here. Personally, I believe you can watch whatever you please, if someone has a problem with it they can leave your company and come back when it is over. AS for Batman: The Animated series. Its an award winning show, with excellent stories and great voice acting. Buy the entire boxset. :lol:

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 7:33 pm

... and don't forget, it's adults who make these animations. They would probably be pleased to know an adult appreciates their work.

GreySun369
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 10:12 pm

I don't think you're ever too old for cartoons, I myself am 21 and still enjoy watching Courage the Cowardly Dog season 1 on my DVD player. People like what they like and it's kind of silly in my opinion for people to be ashamed of liking something they really enjoy due to this crazy belief society has about gender, age, and racial barriers. If more people were allowed to be more open about the things they like in life then maybe the world would be a slightly better place to live in.

But anyways with all that said, I agree with a lot of people here who said the Batman Animated Series was probably the most mature out of all the Batman cartoons. It was an intelligent and well-written cartoon, and even brought out a character who was liked so much by fans that she was added to the comic book's canon (Harley Quinn).

GoonSquad
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 10:41 am

GreySun369 wrote:

But anyways with all that said, I agree with a lot of people here who said the Batman Animated Series was probably the most mature out of all the Batman cartoons. It was an intelligent and well-written cartoon, and even brought out a character who was liked so much by fans that she was added to the comic book's canon (Harley Quinn).

BTAS has the best version of so many Batman villains! Mr. Freeze in sub-zero is so tragic, and the Psycho inspired version of the Ventriloquist is creepy, cool, and tragic as well...

I saw an interview with Bruce Timm once in which he said he always approached the show as a tragedy with the villain as protagonist and Batman as the antagonist--it's one of the things that sets BTAS apart.