What's the worst game that you have ever played?

Page 4 of 6 [ 85 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

aliensyndrome
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Sep 2011, 6:26 pm

xemnasfan wrote:
but i think that that is how adventure games should be, not like that back to the future one, you can't kill nothing in that game what a waste. and i was waiting for an end to back to the future.

You can kill stuff in BTTF when you get the bowling ball. I beat that game without dying.

DaKing
Toucan
Toucan

16 Sep 2011, 11:29 am

Topspin 2...NO Wait all the tennis games are rubbish

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

16 Sep 2011, 10:30 pm

Myst. I like the type of casual game it is, but the puzzles made no sense to me at all.

Missile Command, too. I didn't get that.

I hate on games that frustrate me too much. Bart vs. The Space Mutants was bloody impossible!

Ecco the Dolphin. To me there was absolutely no fun to it.

Fallout 3: I can't get anywhere in it and I have crap for weapons.

And I used to play E.T. all the time when I was a kid. I used to love it. Maybe I read the manual after being stuck in those pits so much. But I got so good at it I could beat it in seconds.

Secret_Helper
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

19 Sep 2011, 11:20 pm

silenthawk wrote:
I can say that I'm lucky as I haven't played many bad video games in my life. However, Sonic the Hedgehog for Xbox 360 was pretty awful.

Second that.

Really terrible game that I played ever! It was the worst 60 bucks I spent and a waste of time too.

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Sep 2011, 11:36 pm

Life, this one right here...

SabbraCadabra
Veteran
Veteran

20 Sep 2011, 8:39 am

DaKing wrote:
...all the tennis games are rubbish

Sounds like the words of someone who's never owned a Dreamcast.

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

22 Sep 2011, 12:01 pm

I gotta say Starcraft 64, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Final Fantasy X-2, and The Incredibles. Also I find every sports game except madden and fight night unappealing

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Sep 2011, 1:03 pm

DoubleSPY wrote:
I gotta say Starcraft 64, Resident Evil Code: Veronica X, Final Fantasy X-2, and The Incredibles. Also I find every sports game except madden and fight night unappealing
FF10-2 was ok. I think only liked it because of the characters, because I liked 10. But 10-2 I got stuck on one spot and even, though I think I may figured something out, I decided that it still wasn't worth my time. I didn't get parts of the combat system. Something about the costume things and how it changes their battle roles or something. It's been awhile.

retrom
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

23 Sep 2011, 11:20 am

Unlimited Saga for PS2. It was $4 at gamestop.

While I usually dont care about graphics I do have to say something about them for this game. The cutscenes and battles look great but most of the time you'll be on the map which LITERATELY looks like construction paper with a little metal figurine. Ever played D&D in real life with graph paper and those little pieces? It's EXACTLY the same.

The gameplay is absolutely TERRIBLE though. All your equipment breaks, your attacks are controlled by a slot machine in battle, you get in to battles every space you move on the map, you have to play slots to open treasure chests, which usually fail resulting in either a battle, the chest blowing up, or trying again (and again, and again...)
You get NOTHING for battling, no experience points, no money, NOTHING. You "level" up by picking skills at the end of each map, the selection is completely random and you can only have so many at the same time and the way they effect your stats is dumb (putting a sword skill in your left foot makes you smarter, wtf?)
More about the battle system; for the majority of the time your HP will be at ZERO, it's supposed to just be like a sheild for your extra lives or something, It doesn't even seem to work right though cause often either your lives will be hit or you're not hurt at all. I think the enemies work the same way too so often you'll be doing no damage to them. Theres only a handful of different enemies too and again I have to point out the encounter rate is ABSURD.
Many skills will be tied to your weapons which means when they break, you lose abilites. There is a way to fix/combine them but instead of the end result being better like in most games, it's usually worse.

I just... can't even explain how bad it is, it hurts to even try.

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 11:45 am

Sudeki (Original Xbox): A lame attempt by Western developers to emulate the JRPG (Japanese Role-Playing Game) style, complete with over-wrought cliches and deliberate sexualization of its female characters.

Two Worlds (Xbox 360): Shameful TES: Oblivion rip-off with unfocused, amateurish combat system and voice acting so terrible that it verges on comedic. Does have some kitsch value in that it so bad that it is actually adored by those who played it, a similar following to the equally terrible film The Room. Spoons ahoy!

Gedrene
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2011, 12:49 pm

Mission: Humanity
A mid 90's polish RTS. It's a terrible clone of of EARTH 2140 in SPAAAAAACE!
And Earth 2140 was a crappy clone of C&C.

K3inMitl3id
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Sep 2011, 12:56 pm

Kinda hard to say since usually if a game is so bad you can't help but laugh at how terrible it is and end up actually enjoying it.

That leaves us with a game that's just somewhere in between. I would say Runescape. It's nothing but a grindfest.

Darialan
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

23 Sep 2011, 1:08 pm

How about Nightmare Creatures for ps1?

DoubleSPY
Raven
Raven

23 Sep 2011, 2:59 pm

Well actually Final fantasy X-2 was OK, but the reason why I thought it was terrible was because the summons from FF-10 were nearly impossible to beat, Tietes (or however you spell his name) dies, and the part where you had to play that one mini-game to unlock a class was... That ruined the game for me. And maybe the real reason was because I thought the story was terrible. Well still I don't wanna bother with it I'd rather play 10 again cause that was better then all other FFs' well next to 7,8,3(DS version).

TwistedReflection
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Sep 2011, 3:17 pm

Quote:
Well actually Final fantasy X-2 was OK, but the reason why I thought it was terrible was because the summons from FF-10 were nearly impossible to beat, Tietes (or however you spell his name) dies, and the part where you had to play that one mini-game to unlock a class was... That ruined the game for me. And maybe the real reason was because I thought the story was terrible. Well still I don't wanna bother with it I'd rather play 10 again cause that was better then all other FFs' well next to 7,8,3(DS version).

Is that mini-game Sphere Break, by chance? It really is tailored for the mathematically inclined, but there is a way to beat it in order to unlock the Lady Luck dressphere. There is a gargantuan coral formation in Kilika that, once the construction going on there has been completed, allows you to procure three Georappalla (estimated spelling) coins from the person running around that area. He'll be marked with a yellow "X". I assume that at this point you were playing Shinra and that he now has the dressphere; challenge him again with those three coins on your person, and you should notice that it is much easier to beat him. But yeah, I hated Sphere Break, too.

xemnasfan
Toucan
Toucan

23 Sep 2011, 7:05 pm

aliensyndrome wrote:
xemnasfan wrote:
but i think that that is how adventure games should be, not like that back to the future one, you can't kill nothing in that game what a waste. and i was waiting for an end to back to the future.

You can kill stuff in BTTF when you get the bowling ball. I beat that game without dying.

only at that point no other times? is there blood, gore, awesome kill scenes like darksiders or fallout 3, or infamous? if not it is a waste.