What do you think of this situation?

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

Jamesy
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 11:12 am

I am 21 and brother is 19.

me and my bro are both quite strong in build.

earlier i was in the dinning room of my house and my 19 year old brother came and i said too him "I am not in the mood too be hugged" i have Hight functionig autism so i don't like being hugged all the time. at first i let my brother hug me while we are both standing up and my brother then started too get me into a headlock which really irritated me and it tried too break out of it too show my brother i am not a pushover. this annoyed my brother and he slapped me around the head and shoved me (not in a playful way). for a second i thought "right i am not going to react". then i lost my temper and confronted my brohter saying too him "what is the matter with you"? We then started squaring up too each other and locking heads. i kinda started freaking out and screaming because i just wanted my brother too leave hte house and get of my life

my mother was in the house and saw what happened. she said too my brother "leave james alone" but my brother still came into my personal space and tried hug me. my brohter was already in quite a bad mood i guess because he cannot find a job.

who do you think was in the wrong and what do you make of this situation? Me and my brother had a big argument yesterday. My brother is a Neurotpyical who i think has ADHD. maybe his ADHD had something too do with it?

I am finding it very challenging with my brother because there is nobody else too help me out and i am in the driving seat. hard for someone with AS too do that.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

05 Aug 2011, 11:30 am

Oh, that sounds rough.

It's really ret*d when people get in your space when you tell them to leave you alone.

And those hugs don't sound like normal hugs either.

Anyways, you are the older brother, you need to find some way to scare him...that is the only thing I can think of.

I know my sisters (which are 13 but one of them is pretty strong because she does gymnastics but not as string as me because I lift weights+am a runner) will try to get on my nerves and poke me or do stupid stuff but I have made it very clear that if they touch me when I don't want it...they will pay.