Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 9:23 pm

I just have to rant a little here. This isn't a problem on WP, btw. Just a problem everywhere else. I feel like I am back in high school or even middle school. Like I am completely invisible and no one is paying attention to me.

In my online life, I post something. Like for this example I posted a fully complete character in a RP OOC. Well it goes like this:

Me- Character Sheet

GM- Where my post is right below. Lilyac great post in the IC.

Am I boring? How can you miss a post right on top of yours? The whole thread passes three pages and the GM hasn't acknowledged me. So I have to go off and ask, is this still accepting and is my character accepted. Oh sorry didn't see your post. Is the next reply. Then I am accepted.

So it somehow shows a little how invisible my post was another.

Another online example is when I play video games, like Call of Duty or Halo. The whole match can go either two ways, I don't die at all or I die all the time. However, most of the cases of the times where the whole entire match I don't die. People pass me.

I guess other people would enjoy being invisible in a video game online. But for me the point is to shoot at each other. I feel like the weird ghost wandering around looking at the carnage of my dead comrades.

People just always run pass me. And I'm like, they must have some bad eyesight cause they cannot see me.

My offline life isn't as grand either. A recent example of how equally unimportant I am to people is when me and my brother went to Walgreens recently. The cashier, took his time to have a full length conversation with my brother. They aren't even friends. My brother just met him that day.

Talking about irrelevant stuff.

When I get to the cashier I come over. I try to talk. Say hello. Make a joke. He completely ignores me, tells me the total, press this button, and do I want cash back. All business with me.

Do I just have this sign that says, ignore this person?

Am I as invisible as I feel?

And why does it frustrate me so much?

Sorry, a bit of a personal rant.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 9:40 pm

I get ignored all the time right to my face-I hate itt so very much-I do not know why I get ignored I would love to know.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:00 pm

Pandora_Box wrote:
Being Ignored- Am I boring?

Huh? Didjoo say sumpin?

:wink:

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Aug 2011, 10:03 pm

Im sure its not because your boring, you dont sem boring to me at all :) . People are just weird like that. Ive noticed that if i first meet someone and im feeling perky and all happy and all cheerful, they tend to like me a lot more than if i just casually greet them without a whole lot of emotion, just a simple hello, i never quite understood why though, do you usually have a perkyish mood when you greet someone or are you more of a chillaxed laid back kinda person?

Greatsharkbite
Veteran
Veteran

06 Aug 2011, 10:39 pm

I'll say you're not boring from what I read (but I don't portend to know your true overall character)

I think you suffer from low self esteem tho.

I have something similar, people not picking me on sports teams in highschool. (Or picking me and being disappointed afterwards)

Or talking to others over me.. is enough to be paranoid, even on small things.

This, to me kinda just seems like a harmless mistake tho. I mean, do you know the GM personally?

Lilyac a girl? Girls might be apt to get more attention if the GMs of the opposite sex, could be a million things.

Heck, even if he didn't like what you posted, he might have horrible taste (often the case.)

sagan
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 12:37 am

I do not think you are boring, or being ignored. I would agree with Greatsharkbite, maybe its a self esteem thing?

I say because it happens to me, so while reading your post I related quite a bit. I think it is a problem with seeking approval from others to feel validated, and if you do not get it right away, less worthy, unlike, or scared.

You have to learn to not take this personally, people are bound to be absentminded now and then, and not see you or answer to what you said. And when your self esteem is not being great, it can be easy to focus on the bad times and not the good.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 2:43 am

Pandora_Box wrote:
In my online life, I post something. Like for this example I posted a fully complete character in a RP OOC. Well it goes like this:

Me- Character Sheet

GM- Where my post is right below. Lilyac great post in the IC.

Am I boring? How can you miss a post right on top of yours? The whole thread passes three pages and the GM hasn't acknowledged me. So I have to go off and ask, is this still accepting and is my character accepted. Oh sorry didn't see your post. Is the next reply. Then I am accepted.

It might simply be a time stamp issue. GM starts writing his post when you haven't posted, you post, he posts, he doesn't check if anybody posted since he started writing his post, general confusion sets in. When I was a GM, I always tried to check if I had missed something.

The issue with your brother may have something to do with inflection. If you smile at him or say hello in a nice way, he's more likely to engage you in a conversation. A lot of people only say these various things as throwaway niceties, so cashiers try to filter those out. Can't be social all the time, after all.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

Pandora_Box
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 3:33 am

Artros wrote:
It might simply be a time stamp issue. GM starts writing his post when you haven't posted, you post, he posts, he doesn't check if anybody posted since he started writing his post, general confusion sets in. When I was a GM, I always tried to check if I had missed something.

It can't be the same time difference. Because sometimes I have posted 2 days ago. And the GM hasn't been on for those two days.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2011, 4:41 am

Pandora_Box wrote:
Artros wrote:

It can't be the same time difference. Because sometimes I have posted 2 days ago. And the GM hasn't been on for those two days.

Well, then we're back to the point that people are awful readers.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT