Page 1 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 12:34 am

I know my parents are annoying, but this is just ridiculous. At least my parents respect logic, and don't ignore it simply because it conflicts with their own views and opinions.

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 5:19 am

my parents usually dont take no for an answer on entering my room (if i'm home), but at least they knock first.
almost everywhere i frequently have a seperate room (or study-room thingy at the library), the rule is, closed door -> knock.
it is expected to share the bigger rooms with others, even strangers, since there aren't a lot of them, but if the door is closed, knocking is considered good practice,; often the ones in there are concentrading and therefor easily startled.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:11 am

Then you should plan to get undressed when they come in (just enough to make them feel awkward, they are your parents after all). Sorry if that sounds weird. Did I already mention make your room messy?

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:15 am

chrissyrun wrote:
Then you should plan to get undressed when they come in (just enough to make them feel awkward, they are your parents after all). Sorry if that sounds weird. Did I already mention make your room messy?

She would just go all OCD on me!

Forever in debt to your priceless advice

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:27 am

gailryder17 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:

She would just go all OCD on me!

Then make the room smell bad. :shrug: Are you good at enduring smells? :lol:

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:29 am

I hate this too. People just suddenly burst into my room and give me a heart attack, press their eyes against the computer screen to see what I'm up to and ask me loads of questions. It is infuriating! :evil:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:41 pm

That really isn't a good idea. Keep your room clean. Show her that you're responsible and capable of handling things on your own. Then she won't feel like she needs to annoy you.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:43 pm

SammichEater wrote:
That really isn't a good idea. Keep your room clean. Show her that you're responsible and capable of handling things on your own. Then she won't feel like she needs to annoy you.

Kept my parents out.... :roll:

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 2:44 pm

Speaking from experience here, that only makes things worse. whenever she finds something too dirty she spends hours in here sanitizing things.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 3:17 pm

SammichEater wrote:
Speaking from experience here, that only makes things worse. whenever she finds something too dirty she spends hours in here sanitizing things.

Hmmmm, whenever my room was too messy, they'd be scared for their life to go in there. Though I didn't have bugs, it would be messy and have such a unique smell that only I could endure it. It was kinda cool scaring my parents away, haha, even when the room was clean, it still smelt weirdly. But to each their own.

Gailryder, is there anything that she does let you keep private?
*Computer?
*Phone?
*Backpack?
*Other?

That would be helpful to know because whatever you are doing there is working.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 5:44 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
SammichEater wrote:

Hmmmm, whenever my room was too messy, they'd be scared for their life to go in there. Though I didn't have bugs, it would be messy and have such a unique smell that only I could endure it. It was kinda cool scaring my parents away, haha, even when the room was clean, it still smelt weirdly. But to each their own.

Gailryder, is there anything that she does let you keep private?
*Computer?
*Phone?
*Backpack?
*Other?

That would be helpful to know because whatever you are doing there is working.

What do you mean?

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 5:48 pm

gailryder17 wrote:

What do you mean?

Basically, is there anything that she lets you keep private atm in your life?

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 6:03 pm

chrissyrun wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

What do you mean?

yup. She knows I have a password to my computer and she doesn't look through my phone or anything.

chrissyrun
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 6:07 pm

gailryder17 wrote:
chrissyrun wrote:
gailryder17 wrote:

What do you mean?

yup. She knows I have a password to my computer and she doesn't look through my phone or anything.

Hmmmm, well, maybe you should ask her (in a totally serious manner) why she lets you have privacy in those areas but not it your room.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 12:29 am

Seems totally backwards to me.

gailryder17
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 12:41 am

SammichEater wrote:
Seems totally backwards to me.

This world is upside down