Primary caregiver of AIDS patient being deported

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

WilliamWDelaney
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 12:45 pm

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... gaylesbian

article wrote:
Citing the Defense of Marriage Act, the Obama administration denied immigration benefits to a married gay couple from San Francisco and ordered the expulsion of a man who is the primary caregiver to his AIDS-afflicted spouse.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... z1UYSJxo69

If you think this is somehow okay or remotely called-for, you are a wretched lowlife and morally repugnant, and you deserve to be shot. Your life is useless and disposable.

I know people in situations as bad as this and worse, for the same reason: bigotry. I talk to them every night, and their bitterness echoes in my ears like a horrid dirge. There is no doubt in my being that bigotry is the most horrible and wretched sin of Mankind. It is more hateful than rape, and it is more harmful than murder.

I won't argue or discuss the issue. I don't need to hear the opinions of more of you useless vermin who keep arguing that bigotry is okay and acceptable. Your life has no use to polite society. If there were any justice in the world, you would be a social outcast. You would be forgotten.

But the world is an unjust and evil place.

Die, vermin. Die, for the fact that you live is injustice itself.

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

09 Aug 2011, 1:05 pm

I doubt this individual will end up getting deported.

psychohist
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 1:18 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
If you think this is somehow okay or remotely called-for, you are a wretched lowlife and morally repugnant, and you deserve to be shot. Your life is useless and disposable.

Speak for yourself, please.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:45 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:

Until I read this, I was prepared to be sympathetic.

Quote:
I won't argue or discuss the issue.

Oh, good. None of that silly, time-wasting rational discussion to get in the way of hate.

Quote:

General: Conan! What is best in life?
Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.

Always nice to hear from the 'let's kill people who disagree with us' school of thought. :roll:

visagrunt
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 2:54 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:

I know people in situations as bad as this and worse, for the same reason: bigotry. I talk to them every night, and their bitterness echoes in my ears like a horrid dirge. There is no doubt in my being that bigotry is the most horrible and wretched sin of Mankind. It is more hateful than rape, and it is more harmful than murder.

I won't argue or discuss the issue. I don't need to hear the opinions of more of you useless vermin who keep arguing that bigotry is okay and acceptable. Your life has no use to polite society. If there were any justice in the world, you would be a social outcast. You would be forgotten.

Leaving aside your invective--which I find distinctly unhelfpful--what is the government supposed to do?

Congress has created the complex structure of immigration law and has enacted DOMA, and officials of the USCIS are compelled to apply the law, as written. Until such time as the courts determine that DOMA is unconstitutional and that the word "spouse" in immigration legislation includes a spouse of the same sex, officials hands are tied. I give credit to the Administration for discontinuing the defence of DOMA before the courts, but they are still compelled to obey it, until it is disallowed.

Rather than heap invective on the injustice of it all, perhaps what you should be doing is focussing your energy in a constructive manner. Even if you don't have money to donate, consider donating your time to one of the many organizations that are working to secure marriage equality in the US.

Instead of just bitching about it, do something.

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:01 pm

WilliamWDelaney wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/08/BAO71KKPEC.DTL&type=gaylesbian

article wrote:
Citing the Defense of Marriage Act, the Obama administration denied immigration benefits to a married gay couple from San Francisco and ordered the expulsion of a man who is the primary caregiver to his AIDS-afflicted spouse.

I totally understand your rage. If this was an opposite sex couple, the situation would be different. I can't see how a decent human being could take pleasure in this.

-Bill, otherwise known as Kraichgauer

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:15 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/08/08/BAO71KKPEC.DTL&type=gaylesbian

article wrote:

I totally understand your rage. If this was an opposite sex couple, the situation would be different. I can't see how a decent human being could take pleasure in this.

:roll:
Oh please! This individual has rage over everything and at everyone.
I look forward to his posts just to have something to laugh at.
:lmao:

Kraichgauer
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:40 pm

Raptor wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:
WilliamWDelaney wrote:

article wrote:

:roll:
Oh please! This individual has rage over everything and at everyone.
I look forward to his posts just to have something to laugh at.
:lmao:

That doesn't mean he isn't right.

Ancalagon
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 10:51 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

True, but why should anyone even bother to listen to him if all he does is hate?

If there were a bunch of neo-nazis who started ranting and raving about Jews, and happened to make a valid point about economics in the middle of their rant, I can guarantee that I would not notice the economic point. And if the economic point were pointed out to me later, I still wouldn't care.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 11:18 pm

Kraichgauer wrote:

This is a perfect illustration of what I was talking to you about the other day; the OP's point may be technically correct, but the vicious invective just makes people want want to slap the crap out of him. I agree that DOMA is ridiculous and leads to grave injustices like this, but my agreement is completely overshadowed by my negative reaction to the over the top rhetoric.

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 11:29 pm

Ancalagon wrote:
Kraichgauer wrote:

True, but why should anyone even bother to listen to him if all he does is hate?

If there were a bunch of neo-nazis who started ranting and raving about Jews, and happened to make a valid point about economics in the middle of their rant, I can guarantee that I would not notice the economic point. And if the economic point were pointed out to me later, I still wouldn't care.

Exactly!
When every time someone decrees something and says that anyone who's opinion differs should be shot and peppers their posts (rants) with sundry attacks and insults it's hard to accepted them as anything other than laughing stock.
Look back over his posts and you'll see what I mean.
You'll also see that I have tried to have reason and rational dialog with this individual but to no lasting effect.
I've done my part and tried honesty to be fair and reasonable but it's to no avail......
:wall: