Page 213 of 278 [ 4439 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 210, 211, 212, 213, 214, 215, 216 ... 278  Next

Rexi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: "I know there's nothing we can do. But my heart can't accept it." "If this is real, then I want to change the future."

15 Sep 2021, 1:03 am

MaxE wrote:
I miss Rexi. She doesn't have to come back on here but I hope she's all right.

Aww. The thing mr bunny mod (im starting the message and can't remember the name) was talking about is probably the upset with the lack of ability to connect of some people here, which to me is sorta a last resort for autistic people with social issues and it sorta reminds me of some exes that couldn't connect to me very well. Though people's experiences are difficult to cope with especially emotional ones and I cried, I never said anything about leaving and if someone will ever do those won't be my words. I do not operate on threats or externalizing such desires to the wrong people and when i leave places I'm gone without a notice and is usually a long process if I didn't plan to eventually leave from the beginning such as just checking out a site, but otherwise not a quick decision.

But that's not near to happening, from my list of autistic forums this one tops the list by far, it has stream, not important enough downsides in production in comparison, freedom of speech and topics which I've seen many males and myself really need and get worse with strictness, I've consoled way too many guys who quit my now 2nd favorite forum because of that issue and it has gotten to me more than to the owner. I think this place is the closest to what people need (might that be why there are a lot of guys here?). Also good stream of people so the website isn't abandoned. I believe my place here is to represent women too, because there are more men and are outspoken so i think that's also a good fit without waste of time but my ideas could probably represent importance in any website because I tend to fit many minority groups and I tend to be talkative.

Besides topping the list this is the only place I socialize in, so when I'm not here I'm not actually social. xD

I do have a lot of stuff on my shoulders lately in my private life, doc appointments, got diagnosed with knee degenerative disease grade 1 and 2 and working on my new relationship and meeting up with r00tb33r in rl to hopefully getting married and moving in with him in his country. Also thanks to him i also got a powerful good gaming laptop (he knows his computers and choices), and a good phone, so I've also begun my first gaming days. He actually linked me this thread.

Thanks for being missed, I m still here c:

Any topic, PM me; mind my profile.

superboyian
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 6:28 am

IsabellaLinton wrote:
jimmy_m :heart:

I don't know if people noticed, but jimmy suffered a major stroke in April. He can no longer read.

It breaks my heart and I hope he is doing OK. He contributed so much to WP.

Likewise I miss:

Blint :heart:

She also suffered a stroke and nearly died. She is still in rehab to the best of my knowledge.

Thanks to superboyian for the updates, and for taking such good care of her for us.

:(

Oh man, I’m sorry to hear what’s happened to Jimmy, it has rung a lot of bells and seems like someone who has contributed. It’s really sad that he’s having a hard time to read and Blint as of recent when she had another setback is experiencing exactly the same problem. Her speech too isn’t as fluent either. :(

Edit: Literally Jimmy and Blint both had a major one around the same time. I know exactly the pain Jimmy’s close friends and family is feeling, I myself is going through so much pain with what’s happened with Blint.

It’s alright, I’ve been listed as her next of kin since her family isn’t around (won’t go into why).

r00tb33r
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2021, 6:40 am

Really sad news about jimmy_m, I found his views agreeable and his posts were always on point.

Hope he recovers and to see him here again in good health.

A good moment to recall just how fragile life is.

Aprilviolets
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 11:21 pm

I haven't seen Cockney rebel on here for a while, Marknis is another one who hasn't posted.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2021, 11:41 pm

blackicmenace

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 7:34 am

peacesells?

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 7:51 am

I've been taking a break. The politics were getting to me. I didn't think that WP had much more of a place for an old soul who loves Germany with a certain word being thrown around like confetti. Remember that image that I posted with the words, This is how I feel when I'm on here, sometimes? The one with the German soldier being cornered by a gun. I'm wiling to give this place another try.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 10:32 am

I missed you CR.

Welcome back!

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 10:45 am

auntblabby wrote:
peacesells?

I miss his presence here as he was one of only two other people on this site who had a good command of Latin. He, Booyakasha and I used to have some very fun exchanges in the Foreign Languages forum!

He did appear to have got into one or two bruising conflicts with other members in the end (not in the Latin thread, I might add), and I think that may be why he left.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 10:53 am

I was going to mention I miss Booya, but I've said it a million times before.

:(

Bestiola
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Oct 2021, 12:46 pm

DeepHour wrote:
auntblabby wrote:
peacesells?

I miss his presence here as he was one of only two other people on this site who had a good command of Latin. He, Booyakasha and I used to have some very fun exchanges in the Foreign Languages forum!

He did appear to have got into one or two bruising conflicts with other members in the end (not in the Latin thread, I might add), and I think that may be why he left.

Omnia quae scripsisti, verum est. Sed, sicut scis, etiam in Foro Latino potes scribere Latine :P

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 12:50 pm

Off Topic
Twoum additae sunt twoum pares forum.

:wink:

PhosphorusDecree
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 1:02 pm

Carpeta wrote:
What happened to Feyokien and AuroraBorealisGazer?

Just remembered: at one point AuroraBorealisGazer was talking about hitting a certain number of posts then quitting. 200,000 or something? But she carried on for a while past that.

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 3:09 pm

I actually miss a member whose user name I'm not sure of: KT....? Katie....?

He or she was a supporter of Glasgow Celtic, and always had interesting things to say.

He or she probably didn't approve of me, as someone who is a self-confessed 'social conservative' (to some degree), but anyway....

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 3:13 pm

DeepHour wrote:
I actually miss a member whose user name I'm not sure of: KT....? Katie....?

He or she was a supporter of Glasgow Celtic, and always had interesting things to say.

He or she probably didn't approve of me, as someone who is a self-confessed 'social conservative' (to some degree), but anyway....

KT67! I miss him too!

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

30 Oct 2021, 3:25 pm

It's pretty clear why he asked to have his account closed if you read the thread it occurred in. It's hard for the site to accommodate posters with certain reactionary views and posters in the categories they hold those views towards.

Since often the former have been able to express those views in ways that don't reach the point of seeming reportable or being enforceable they've often been able to create an atmosphere that's mildly unwelcoming and drives off people in the groups they hold those views towards.

It's a support site and should be welcoming towards everyone but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be possible to be simultaneously accommodating towards both groups.

"If you stick a knife in my back 9 inches and pull it out 6 inches, there's no progress. If you pull it all the way out, that's not progress. The progress is healing the wound that the blow made... and they won't even admit the knife is there." Malcolm X
戦争ではなく戦争と戦う