okay kinda weird how do i know whether shes the the real one

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Ravenclawgurl
Veteran
Veteran

09 Aug 2011, 7:02 pm

on facebook i got a freind request from temple grandin :?: this is kinda wierd how do i know its the real temple grandin? ( there are miillions of duplicates of celebraties i mean it is possible but i would think she has better things to do than freind request random aspies on facebook i mean i briefly met her once afew years ago at a conference she was speaking at and got her auto graph on a book she wrote. but im sure shes met at least hundreds of people over the years at these things should i accept friend request if its really her no problem but how do i know its really her?

izzeme
Veteran
Veteran

10 Aug 2011, 4:01 am

go to her profile first, search around for whatever you can find, preferably the email adress, if it's a yahoo, hotmail or simular, it's 95% not her.
also, you can send a private message asking some things only the real her could know.

ultimately, when in doubt, assume it's a fake and ignore the request, there are too many predators out there to take a risk, imo

LadySera
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

10 Aug 2011, 5:13 am

Usually if a well known person has a profile (FB/twitter, etc) they will have an official web site & link to their official profile from it. I'm friends with a few different notable aspie folks on FB & they are the real people. It's cool cuz when they post it's very interesting/informative.

I did a quick search & I don't see a personal FB page linked from her site (so if you got one that's real she may keep it private). This seems to be the official fan page but I could be wrong.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Temple-Gr ... l&filter=1