Do dateless men have a right to be picky?

Page 5 of 8 [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

emp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 3:39 am

hale_bopp wrote:
I think people should stop using the fact "overwirght is unhealthy" as a scapegoat for not liking fat girls.

I am NOT just using unhealthiness as a scapegoat, and here is the proof:
I also refuse to get involved with smokers, even hot-looking slim ones.

hale_bopp wrote:
You don't like fat girls because they don't turn you on, that's that.

Significantly overweight girls look bad and do not turn me on, that is true. However there is MORE to it than that. Health is important to me and I make an effort to stay healthy. It annoys me when I see someone being very unhealthy. And being significantly overweight IS very unhealthy, it causes all sorts of problems, and that is a medical fact. And then there are the other issues as well. So I don't like significantly overweight girls because of ALL of these reasons:

* Looks bad, does not turn me on.
* Very unhealthy.
* Often accompanied by psychological problems (possibly minor).
* Often lazy.
* Often neglecting themselves.

Yes the lack of turning me on is certainly a reason, but definitely not the only reason.

And for the record, the reason I keep saying "significantly" in front of "overweight" is because I do not care about only a little bit overweight. i.e. I am not a weight nazi. It is only when it is overweight to a significant degree that it bothers me.

emp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 3:53 am

sweetpraline wrote:
Back in the day most men would look for a good sturdy girl. And you can't get sturdy from a skinny string bean. And haven't you heard the term that used back in the day "breeder hips".

Breeder hips turn me on :) But only when not overweight!! Breeder hips on a woman who is anywhere within the healthy range, that is sexy.

sweetpraline wrote:
They feel that no one will love them unless they are stick thin.

I cannot speak for other men, but for myself, I find stick thin / underweight women to be unattractive or less attractive. Both underweight and overweight, if to a significant degree, is unattractive, and both are unhealthy. The most attractive is anywhere within the healthy range.

------------

Litigious wrote:
Beautiful women are heartless b*****s. They deserve suffering.

Why? They are heartless b*****s because they refuse to date you who thinks they are b*****s? With that sort of attitude, it is no surprise they avoid you.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 9:22 am

sweetpraline wrote:
Do you feel that a woman in this shape should be condemned to a life of lonelieness because of her appearance? Listen up guys. Big girls have feelings too!

I know it is tough and I know that it must be the same as with many Aspies. That they seem to put more into love then they will ever seem to get back. The good news is that in Blity fat woman don’t seem to have a harder time anywere near has hard as aspies do. Many don’t diet and many and being fat doesn’t mean that they are any easier to get then thinner ladies. I know some of my workmates that date fat ladies, when I know they could have found someone finnier without too much trouble.

Last year on my way to a carnival of some sort I bumped into a girl who was willing to telling me her story about how when she was younger she attracted the attention of the men, but at a humble age of 35 the men don’t seem to give her any attention. She was not fat as such well not by American standards anyway, but she was very apple shaped, it gave her a shape of a middle aged woman. While I as an aspie man at 33 things could only get better, the sun was going down on her. I couldn’t imagine this happening to me. I barely got a chance out there it is not time for me to come home quite yet.

ELLCIM
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 11:26 am

emp wrote:
Litigious wrote:

Why? They are heartless b*****s because they refuse to date you who thinks they are b*****s? With that sort of attitude, it is no surprise they avoid you.

In many, but not all cases, there is some correlation between outer appearance and "bitchiness", for lack of a better term. I've always found the ones that lead others on (including myself) the worst are the most beautiful women. And it's not a surprise - they have many guys going after them, and they would naturally get tired of much of the attention and turn to being "bitchy" as a filter to find the ultimate prize: a guy that doesn't care what others think.

Aspie_Chav
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 11:55 am

ELLCIM wrote:
emp wrote:
Litigious wrote:
And it's not a surprise - they have many guys going after them, and they would naturally get tired of much of the attention and turn to being "bitchy" as a filter to find the ultimate prize: a guy that doesn't care what others think.

That seems logical to me, but I know of a beautiful woman would never be bitchy to a guy. She is wise within the limitation of being an NT, not as wise as me. The fact that she cares about me, and got my back I almost love her. But it would be laughable that we could be a partners because I would bore her with science and he would bore me with smalltalk.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 2:26 pm

emp wrote:

They are heartless b*****s because they go to bastards and turn nice guys down. Think about this: How many males would go to female (well known) serial killers and how many females would go the male serial killers? You know the answer. And the explanation to that is that beautiful women are heart/brainless b*****s, who get turned on by stupid, brutal and evil men. Ergo: They deserve suffering.

'Tis munny in my purse.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 3:55 pm

I have no objection to people being picky because it is them who have to live with the cnsequences of it not me. The biggest consequence is missing out on someone who could truly love you because of how picky a person can be. Imagine the fantastic personalities that must pass by every day when you are picky about the way someone looks or how much money they have etc etc. There is no point being offended by picky people, we should actually pity them in some way as they have no idea what they are missing out on.

After reading some of this, I would also like to make a point here. I have been told by a lot of people that I am beautiful, so does that make me a heartless brainless b***h? Before you answer that I would like you to consider the following:

I have 12 GCSE's, 4 A levels and a degree in Biology

My boyfriend is not a bastard, he is a nice guy. He isn't rich financially but he is where it counts, and thats his personality and I love him for it. All we ask of each other is to be ourselves and our relationship works. To me he is absolutely gorgeous because he is him and he doesn't pretend to be anyone else, and nor do I.

I have never broken anyone's heart who didn't deserve it, in fact I have had my heart broken more. I do not make a habit of breaking people's hearts as I know all too well how it feels.

As I am very caring towards my fantastic boyfriend (who is not a bastard as I do not get turned on by bastards) and as I am not brainless, do I deserve to suffer because I'm apparently beautiful? What say you Litigious?

jman
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 10:08 pm

hale_bopp wrote:

We have it a lot harder than NT women. So, guys might approach us.. big deal. Imagine how we feel when our AS scares them off after that.

I don't mean to sound cocky, but I can relate to this cause I've been apporached by women and somehow I always scare them away. :(

emp
Veteran
Veteran

09 Sep 2006, 10:29 pm

Fiz wrote:
I have no objection to people being picky because it is them who have to live with the cnsequences of it not me. The biggest consequence is missing out on someone who could truly love you because of how picky a person can be. Imagine the fantastic personalities that must pass by every day when you are picky about the way someone looks or how much money they have etc etc. There is no point being offended by picky people, we should actually pity them in some way as they have no idea what they are missing out on.

Like many things, it is a matter of finding a balance. Excessively picky is bad. Insufficiently picky is also bad. A balance is required. Just the right amount of pickiness.

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 3:31 am

Fiz wrote:

As I am very caring towards my fantastic boyfriend (who is not a ba***** as I do not get turned on by bastards) and as I am not brainless, do I deserve to suffer because I'm apparently beautiful? What say you Litigious?

You might be one of those rare exceptions. :?

'Tis munny in my purse.

Enigmatic_Oddity
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 4:49 am

Litigious wrote:
Think about this: How many males would go to female (well known) serial killers and how many females would go the male serial killers? You know the answer. And the explanation to that is that beautiful women are heart/brainless b*****s, who get turned on by stupid, brutal and evil men. Ergo: They deserve suffering.

This is by far the worst use of inductive 'logic' I've seen on this board. Fiz's post alone should've woken you up, but instead you've made her into an 'exception' to your rule. Why not consider that your theory is completely wrong, not to mention extremely shallow?

Seems shallowness goes in both directions these days. If you're ugly, you're no good because you're going to be a failure with low self-esteem and major issues. If you're beautiful, you're no good either because you're going to be a major bịtch, or a narcissist. :roll:

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 5:10 am

I have observed that extreme wealth and extreme beauty typically effect a person's personality negatively, but a handicap or disability or other significant difference typically effects a person's personality positively. So it seems to me that having everything has the potential to make you a B or SOB, and having a significant challenge has the opposite potential.

- Emerson

Litigious
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 6:32 am

Amen. 8)

'Tis munny in my purse.

newchum
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 6:37 am

Litigious wrote:

I disagree, I have very nice beautiful women and some nasty not so beautiful women.

MrMark
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 6:39 am

Also, no one deserves suffering.

- Emerson

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

10 Sep 2006, 8:28 am

emp wrote:
Fiz wrote:

Like many things, it is a matter of finding a balance. Excessively picky is bad. Insufficiently picky is also bad. A balance is required. Just the right amount of pickiness.

I think I would have to agree with you here. It is natural for humans (and animals as well) to be selective to some degree, but it is when we are not selective enough or we are too selective that we find ourselves with a problem. Those that are too selective miss out on so many potentials whereas those that are not selective enough make themselves vulnerable.