Page 1 of 2 [ 21 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Lady-ivy
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2011, 10:51 pm

Well half. My mom is a lite skin aferican black women. My dad is from Guyana, south American and he half east indian, a and other halfs white, ameridean and a little afro guyanaese.

It's nice to meet you. Am new too.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 8:14 am

I'm biracial. My mother is African-American and on the spectrum. My father, a womanizing white man. I feel your pain when it comes to trying to be simply what you are - a person.
I had more trouble with blacks because they DID accept me and then they saw my autistic side and really took advantage of that. The whites either avoided me or were very condescending without getting to actually know me. I can only get along with others who are on the spectrum but I end up with a great deal of frustration when I need a tad more than what they can give. My only happiness is with my two kids - 26 and 13 - and with my husband of 20 years. He's Creole from Louisiana. He is the father of both of my boys. I only have work acquaintances that I am rather close with only on the job. I'm an R.N. in an emergency ward and we need to stick together. I virtually have NO close friends...just people who seem to like me somewhat due to the fact that I've become a lexicon of health knowledge. I've accepted myself and I'm not ashamed of it anymore. I have a right to be me just like eveybody else. It HAS gotten easier with age.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

26 Oct 2011, 8:29 am

memesplice wrote:
Sorry, white male and live in UK :)

But....

Hi and genuine welcome. Bullying is bad anywhere for whatever reason. We do not have bullies here .

Safe.:)

There ARE bullies on this site. There is still "Relational Aggression" EVEN HERE!! ! It's predominately with the women. They PM each other if they don't like your post and then group together using the posts to undermine you and your opinions. This was the last place to find what I've experienced all my life. I found it here too. It wasn't hard to recognize.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

27 Oct 2011, 12:02 pm

RightGalaxy wrote:
memesplice wrote:
Sorry, white male and live in UK :)

But....

Hi and genuine welcome. Bullying is bad anywhere for whatever reason. We do not have bullies here .

Safe.:)

There ARE bullies on this site. There is still "Relational Aggression" EVEN HERE!! ! It's predominately with the women. They PM each other if they don't like your post and then group together using the posts to undermine you and your opinions. This was the last place to find what I've experienced all my life. I found it here too. It wasn't hard to recognize.

I don´t have the ability to recognize if there are bullies on Wrong Planet, Besides,I don´t really care if people on a forum accept me or not. It´s just the Internet, not real life.

KnarlyDUDE09
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2011, 6:55 pm

I'm BLACK...but Black British (of Jamaican decent) :)

Karfain
Butterfly
Butterfly

03 Dec 2012, 10:05 pm

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been through this. I have picked up social skills from being in public school, but I don't act "black" enough for anyone, not even my family. They seem to think the best way to "help" me change is to pick at me. But they actually love me, school was way worse.

What is "acting black" anyway? Is it, as a female, obsessing over weave and nails and clothes? Speaking ebonics? Being short-tempered and provocative?
And what is "acting white"?

Also, I attract a lot of freaks and weirdoes. Maybe I didn't think I was the only one, but...