Is she assuming an online relationship?

Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 7:18 am

So I've been talking online quite a bit with this member from WP, and a few days ago I emailed her about something that has nothing to do with flirting/relationships whatsoever (it was just a normal email).

So she replied to me but at the bottom, where she types her name, its in a huge font, multi-colored, followed by an icon of a rose and red lips and something else (I forgot what it was). Does that mean that she thinks we're dating or do girls typically do that when writing an email to ANYONE (except in formal emails obviously)?

Here's the thing, I have no intention of a relationship but somehow she's always willing to carry on a conversation and at one point we talked almost EVERY DAY.

Also (and this troubles me a lot), she is married to someone else and so I wouldn't want to be the one she is using to cheat on her husband :oops:

What should I do? Should I remove her from the contact list? Should I just not chat with her as frequently?

Also is this just my imagination? I mean, I haven't really flirted with her or anything, so would that be obvious enough to her that we are not in a relationship?

Diamorphine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

11 Aug 2011, 7:22 am

I'm gonna go ahead and assume that if she hasn't stated she wants to be in a relationship and you haven't said yes, she doesn't assume you're in a relationship.

Some girls are just flirty like that, don't take it too seriously. And if you're really curious if she's interested, the best option is to just straight up ask.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 7:25 am

I don't think you should assume one way or another in this instance. Just tell her you were not clear on her intentions and explain you enjoy chatting with her but are not interested in a relationship.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 8:29 am

I find girls typically do this when e-mailing anyone.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:28 am

Keeno wrote:
I find girls typically do this when e-mailing anyone.

Girls confuse me.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:44 am

Don't feel too awkward. Many men, NTs too, misinterpret a woman being friendly as a woman flirting with them. I used to have a joke about this one guy that he thought the cashier at McDonald's was hitting on him because she asked if he wanted fries with that. Women are raised to be polite. If we're not super polite all the time, we get called a b!tch or worse. Strange men will tell women to smile if they're not smiling. Flowers and sunshine and kittens and rainbow colors... typical BS women end up doing to appear open and friendly. Some women genuinely like that kind of thing, mind you, but if we'd place men and women into a room without ever having pressured them into any gender stereotypes at any time in their lives, we'd probably most likely have an equal amount of men and women who adore typing emails in size 14 purple Comic Sans.

She's married and she thinks you're a nice guy and someone fun to talk to. Don't creep her out by setting official boundaries that you'll never sleep with her.

And, yeah, I'm thinking about all the men I talk to in my life who are married and single. I'd be pretty insulted if any one of them had the impression that I wanted sex from them. I'd tell him to get over himself and add lots of distance (and silence) from that moment on. If any guy friend wanted sex from me and actually wanted it enough to make that known, I'd be very unhappy with that situation and never speak to him again.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 10:54 am

talk about gender stereotypes, I feel like a girl/women half of the time.

Artros
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 4:51 pm

I'm curious if you considered the possibility that she would actually read this thread and know what you were talking about.

SQ: 72/80 (Extreme Synthesiser)
Aspie test: about 150/200 Aspie, about 40/200 NT

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 8:30 pm

Artros wrote:
I'm curious if you considered the possibility that she would actually read this thread and know what you were talking about.

I don't care, as long as I don't reveal her identity. If she reads this then good, I don't want to go through the trouble to talk to her about it.

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

11 Aug 2011, 9:59 pm

jc6chan wrote:
Artros wrote:

I don't care, as long as I don't reveal her identity. If she reads this then good, I don't want to go through the trouble to talk to her about it.

That's very Aspergian of you.

ValentineWiggin
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 12:46 am

jc6chan wrote:
Artros wrote:

Wait. She considers you a friend? :?

to his Interest."

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 12:50 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
Artros wrote:

I certainly wouldn't after this. :o

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 8:09 am

ValentineWiggin wrote:
jc6chan wrote:
Artros wrote:

I'm just shy to go confront people with stuff. :(

Diamorphine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2011, 8:42 am

TC, like I said, you're overthinking it too much. A lot of girls are just naturally flirty toward everyone even if they have no real interest.

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

12 Aug 2011, 8:53 am

Diamorphine wrote:
TC, like I said, you're overthinking it too much. A lot of girls are just naturally flirty toward everyone even if they have no real interest.

Don't you mean JC?

Diamorphine
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Aug 2011, 9:10 am

jc6chan wrote:
Diamorphine wrote:

Don't you mean JC?

Hahaha sorry, I'm used to going on another forum where TC = Topic/Thread Creator. Didn't know if that abbreviation was used here or not.