Do you feel the same way i do towards your peers?

Page 1 of 1 [ 14 posts ] 

bradt4evr
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

11 Aug 2011, 11:03 am

Ive noticed that when it comes to my peers i always feel two things, Jealousy and admirance, if thats evena word. I either admire one of my peers, or i am jealous of one of my peers, and usually the reason whyu i admire someone is when they have a worse life than i do, but their still good kind hearted people and i admire them for that, and how i end up being jealous of someone is if theyve had en easier life or an easier time in school, meaning no problem with grades or making friends, and thats why im jealous of someone, they can be the nicest person in the world, but if they have an easier life im still jealous of them, its not like i am mean to people im jealous of, i still like them and i enjoy spending time with them, but i still have jealous feelings toward them deep down inside of me, is anyone else like that? or do you think that maybe i should learn to stop being jealous?

MakaylaTheAspie
Veteran
Veteran

Location: O'er the land of the so-called free and the home of the self-proclaimed brave. (Oregon)

13 Aug 2011, 6:58 pm

Jealousy is something we all experience. I would be surprised if you said you never get jealous. The only thing that can be done in this situation is supress it and enjoy life as it is.

SammichEater
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2011, 9:10 pm

No. I view the vast majority of my peers as nothing more than sheep. Actually, I take that back. Sheep are much more capable of thought than many of the people I go to school with.

Oort
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

19 Aug 2011, 7:59 pm

I view most of my peers as some sort of degenerate insects, without the basic instict for self-preservation or the coherent thought that makes species survive. Degenerates. Thats how I view them. Although innapropriate at the time, I do not rescind the comment I made a few years back. Those who work against the good of a species, the good of a civilization, the good of a planet; those who willing spread lies and ignorance: They deserve to be exterminated, purged from the Earth.

Ah well, I must be content to dream. I hold not the power to topple a government, nor commit holocaust, not even for the good of the world. Meanwhile, it burns all around me. If what I see now is what the world is going to become, we are in trouble my friends, deep trouble.

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

29 Sep 2011, 6:35 pm

SammichEater wrote:
No. I view the vast majority of my peers as nothing more than sheep. Actually, I take that back. Sheep are much more capable of thought than many of the people I go to school with.

Same here. The people in my class are. . . I can't even find words to describe those egotistic, narcissistic little bastards! Actually, I just came up with 3...

...Sometimes I wonder how I didn't end up killing them yet...
...Just saying...

bcousins
Veteran
Veteran

02 Oct 2011, 4:49 am

SammichEater wrote:

The people i went to school with made me feel the same way.

Tayribeiro
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Oct 2011, 1:23 am

Well, in my life i have never been jealous of someone, and i admire a few people, but when i was younger i was jealous because a kid on my State had won the bright scholarship instead of me, and he went to work on research at the university at 15, i had to wait until 17.

Now about other people, i see them as nearly empty shells that are born, get a menial job, consume, reproduce and then dies without adding anything productive to society, instead they just leave their offspring in the world to follow the same path, like a vicious circle, the difference being that each generations has more challenges and worries and more people to compete with for those menial jobs...

DarthMaul
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

06 Oct 2011, 10:31 pm

Tayribeiro wrote:
Well, in my life i have never been jealous of someone, and i admire a few people, but when i was younger i was jealous because a kid on my State had won the bright scholarship instead of me, and he went to work on research at the university at 15, i had to wait until 17.

Now about other people, i see them as nearly empty shells that are born, get a menial job, consume, reproduce and then dies without adding anything productive to society, instead they just leave their offspring in the world to follow the same path, like a vicious circle, the difference being that each generations has more challenges and worries and more people to compete with for those menial jobs...

Shamefully, that's life, and I hope I don't end up living that life. It would be to pitiful for me to live it, and then my possible, yet unlikely children living that life. I'd hate that for them, and I hate it for me as well.

Dingo7
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Oct 2011, 11:13 pm

I can relate... i admire a few of my friends because they make a genuine effort to be productive... and they still respect me as a friend when im being lazy and pretty self centered... i think thats very admirable...

Im also jealous of the friends who can effortlessly socialize and connect with people to make the day easier... for example effectively communicating with work colleagues which is ridiculously difficult for me... its seems automatic for them as if they dont give it a thought...

EGGREGUYOUS
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

09 Oct 2011, 4:16 am

I definitely get jealous, especially if they had/have a harder life than me, or are bigger or stronger.
I get mad though when they are perfect: Nothing wrong with their body, good in school, retain knowledge, smart with money.
I wonder what their motivation is, if any....

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

09 Oct 2011, 4:34 am

I'm jealous of everyone.

Especially those who are mean to me, but still have loads of friends and are incredibly smart. That just defies the laws of, well, life. :x

black_legion
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 Dec 2011, 4:30 pm

I tend to see my peers as degenerative morons. It hasn't been the case as much in college but in my secondary school I couldn't stand anyone as they were all big headed idiots who cared for nothing and didn't give a damn about education in the slightest they were more interested in fights, getting drunk and sex over actually getting anywhere, I didn't really fit into any groups of people because there was either the degenerative idiots or the small group of goody-two-shoes boffins. I'm a metal loving anarchist not a detroit 12 humping moron or a coldplay fan. So I struggled in school since I didn't fit in with people.

aspie56
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Dec 2011, 6:09 pm

bradt4evr wrote:
Ive noticed that when it comes to my peers i always feel two things, Jealousy and admirance, if thats evena word. I either admire one of my peers, or i am jealous of one of my peers, and usually the reason whyu i admire someone is when they have a worse life than i do, but their still good kind hearted people and i admire them for that, and how i end up being jealous of someone is if theyve had en easier life or an easier time in school, meaning no problem with grades or making friends, and thats why im jealous of someone, they can be the nicest person in the world, but if they have an easier life im still jealous of them, its not like i am mean to people im jealous of, i still like them and i enjoy spending time with them, but i still have jealous feelings toward them deep down inside of me, is anyone else like that? or do you think that maybe i should learn to stop being jealous?

ADMIRANCE for my NT peers and NT friends? hell nah!! Do I hate them? not really .. IDK I HAVE ABOUT 4 friends who I cant tell if their NT or Aspergers .. tho it does not matter . :p infact theirs like 15 kids at my school who I cant tell if their NT or aspergers but they get along with the class just fine ..

but brad why would u feel ADMIRANCE? 8O

Ganondox
Veteran
Veteran

19 Dec 2011, 9:07 pm

I find myself superior to most of them in most of the the things that I think matter.

Through other people's eyes

Autism FAQs http://www.wrongplanet.net/postt186115.html